Whats all involved in a header install? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats all involved in a header install?

coloradobound

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Tacoma Dcab
Just out of curiousity, what's all involved in putting headers on a 1994 4 door XLT 4WD? Time? Cost? What all do you have to move? Etc... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not positive, but I know that there is not a lot of room down where the stock manifolds are. I think it would be a lot of work. I would get some prices to get them installed then ask yourself if doing it yourself is worth saving that much money. I always like to say that "its only money" when i'm at the truck shop. Although i did install the 5.5" superlift at home myself.

depends on tools, experience, and how recently your stock system has been taken apart.

worst-case (hand tools, stock exhaust has never been apart, little or no mechanical experience): the rest of your adult life.

best-case (air impact tools, stuff was just apart a few months ago because your motor was rebuilt, experienced shadetree person with a helper): 5 hours or so.

Aaron

I know this post is extremely old but I was wondering if there are any 1994 explorers with headers on them. Is it a good idea?

Back