What's your status? | Page 46 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/?link=002&urlfile=/pubs/content/~WOCEXP/~MUS~LEN/42/12ngnsn1e.pdf

It is listed under navigation on owner.ford.com when you click owner guide then input 2012 Explorer. The more I read it, I think it doesn't apply to the Explorer. I think it applies to vehicles with the voice activated nav with touch screen, but not My Ford Touch systems. I don't know why they would have it listed for the Explorer, but they do.

Unless Im reading wrong thats the supplement for My Lincoln Touch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's what I was thinking also, Sgt?

Finally! My window sticker appeared.

Looks like it's gong to come with DRL's unfortunately. I was hoping to add HID's since I only got package 301A...I hope you can still add HID's with DRL's.

Is the build date the number on the furthest bottom right?

Finally! My window sticker appeared.

Looks like it's gong to come with DRL's unfortunately. I was hoping to add HID's since I only got package 301A...I hope you can still add HID's with DRL's.

Is the build date the number on the furthest bottom right?

Yes it is. Reads 1 year month day 2345. so something like 1201110052512

Yes it is. Reads 1 year month day 2345. so something like 1201110052512

Thanks. I'm anxiously awaiting.

Ordered 7/15
Sent to Plant 9/15
Window Sticker 10/4
Build Date 10/8 (According to window sticker)
ETA 10/27

Progress Dates

A lot of people are awaiting their new Explorers, so here is the time line for my order. Hopefully this gives you some idea of how long each step takes. My best advice is to make sure the priority number on your order is as low as possible. A number below 20 is best. I learned this the hard way.

7/28 Ordered with Priority 80 - had no idea this meant low, low priority :(
9/6 Canceled order due to no progress and no VIN.
9/7 Ordered at another dealer with priority 10
9/9 Received VIN
9/23 Window Sticker Available
9/29 Build date
9/30 Available on SyncMyRide.com
10/3 Arrived at dealership in Northern IL (only about 50 miles from assembly plant)
10/4 Took delivery :D

My sister in law is trying to join the X family but her salesman and dealer aren't helping her much. She ordered 6 weeks ago and that was it. Paid her deposit and has heard nothing. She has tried to get something, anything in the way of a status from her dealership the last couple of days but they wont return her calls or give her the "hello this is Peggy" treatment. She is seriously considering bailing on this purchase (loaded 4wd limited) but I don't want her to, I love my Ex.

CustServ if you read this please advise me how to help her get answers. Thank you.

Update: finally got an ordern# and viin. I'll PM you Cory for help.

Last edited:

Great recap. Hope you're enjoying your EX. When you mentioned syncmyride.com... does that mean you were able to register your vehicle on this site?

A lot of people are awaiting their new Explorers, so here is the time line for my order. Hopefully this gives you some idea of how long each step takes. My best advice is to make sure the priority number on your order is as low as possible. A number below 20 is best. I learned this the hard way.

7/28 Ordered with Priority 80 - had no idea this meant low, low priority :(
9/6 Canceled order due to no progress and no VIN.
9/7 Ordered at another dealer with priority 10
9/9 Received VIN
9/23 Window Sticker Available
9/29 Build date
9/30 Available on SyncMyRide.com
10/3 Arrived at dealership in Northern IL (only about 50 miles from assembly plant)
10/4 Took delivery :D

My sister in law is trying to join the X family but her salesman and dealer aren't helping her much. She ordered 6 weeks ago and that was it. Paid her deposit and has heard nothing. She has tried to get something, anything in the way of a status from her dealership the last couple of days but they wont return her calls or give her the "hello this is Peggy" treatment. She is seriously considering bailing on this purchase (loaded 4wd limited) but I don't want her to, I love my Ex.

CustServ if you read this please advise me how to help her get answers. Thank you.

Update: finally got an ordern# and viin. I'll PM you Cory for help.

One would think dealers would be bending over to help people spend their money given the current economic enviornment. Find another dealer.

One would think dealers would be bending over to help people spend their money given the current economic enviornment. Find another dealer.

If I can confirm she can get her deposit refunded fully we are probably going to do just that.

Hello everyone! After wringing my hands over a year whether to order an Edge or an Explorer, I finally ordered an Explorer! I've always owned Nissans and Hondas so this will be my first Ford. I ordered the Bronze with pecan interior, 301A, moonroof, tow, BLIS, 20"...

My timeline:
9/23 - Finalized price and placed deposit
9/28 - Dealer sent order to Ford
10/6 - I have my VIN

This forum has been a great source of information to help me with my decision making; thank you forum!!

Great recap. Hope you're enjoying your EX. When you mentioned syncmyride.com... does that mean you were able to register your vehicle on this site?

Yep, that's exactly right.

When I went to go pick up my Ex, the sales guy was ready to step me through the syncmyride registration but it was already done! So it saved some time at delivery. Plus, when you are able to register at syncmyride, you know that your new Ex has been built and is no longer just a collection of assorted parts in a warehouse.:)

Finally...here are pics

Hello all, it's been a while and now I have some pics. I went outside to help wifey wash her new X. And oh btw, you'll see some minor adds she picked out that I installed for her. Hmmm, I goofed on that rear bumper guard and had lots of little tiny bubbles.

Pics of interior are before being cleaned (sorry). Exterior had been cleaned and I stopped to take pics before we did cleaned interior.

Flicker link --> http://www.flickr.com/photos/xrider_2012

List of adds include:

-- Sharkfin antenna
-- Weathertech mats
-- Tint (32%)
-- Window Visors, AVS In-channel

2012 Explorer Order Status Dates

Hello! I found this forum to be very helpful in setting expectations for the arrival of my new Explorer. My dates and order details are listed below.

Timeline:
7/30 Ordered at dealership
8/19 VIN and ETA of mid-September from dealership
8/26 Window sticker available online
9/01 Window sticker build date
9/06 Confirmation of build date and ETA of 9/13 from Cory
9/16 Arrived at dealership
10/1 Picked up from dealership

2012 Explorer:
Limited 4WD, Black/Black
Equipment group 302A
Floor mats, all weather
Dual panel moonroof
Mud guards
Roof rack cross bars
Trailer tow package
Cargo shade

I'll try posting a review and pictures in a week or so.

Twins Turbo ( for family use )
Had a twin and a wonderfull wife...

2015 ford explorer sport

Ordered: July 26 2014
Build Date: August 08 2014
ETA: August 31 2014

ETA updated: Sept 5 2014 getting slow..

Last edited:

Back