What's your status? | Page 45 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Pulled the trigger

Hey everyone!

I have been trolling the forums the past few months which led me and the wife to order a 2012 Blk Limited 4x4 301A w/ tow, polished wheels and moon roof last Friday.

I was told it should be less than 6 weeks so I am hopeful.

Greene Ford (NC) was our dealer....kinda shady to me as they tried to stick me with a $500 doc fee when X-plan only allows up to $100. I negotiated with the desk manager for 30 minutes about it....sad.

Nonetheless, the wife is super stoked as she is getting a bit of an upgrade.

Thanks for all the info and I will keep posted as the status matures

:party:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not a happy camper right now. Just for grins I went to the website of the dealer I special ordered my vehicle from and noticed they have it listed as dealer stock on the site. I understand it's sitting on their lot waiting for my return but that doesn't mean it's ok to have customers take it on test drives....if that's what they are doing. I sent the salesman a e-mail. If I'm paying for a new vehicle I want it to be new. Period.

...I sent the salesman a e-mail. If I'm paying for a new vehicle I want it to be new. Period.
MikeFreas,

I saw that you posted on another thread that you spoke with the Sales Manager and he put your worries to rest. You can continue to grin about picking up your Explorer in October. :D

Cory

What? Could it be or am I just dreamin...wifey let me take her X for a 2nd time in two weeks :)) Well she wanted me to do the highway test on my way to work to verify A-pillar noise was gone. Yes dealership replaced both left/right sides this week. Seems ok so far. But also its been rain showers this week so I'll need another drive on a clear sunny day, LOL!

-- Sharkfin arrived a couple of days ago and I installed it.
-- Weathertech mats arrived and I also installed them (all 3 rows)
-- Front windows tinted close to 32/33% (35 is legal limit)

No more mods that I know of, other than I know she is shopping for a bike rack.

I'll get some pics posted after we get a clear day when I can wash it...looks like rain here in the Northeast thru Tuesday.

@Spengracin, I'm curious to see how well these polished chrome wells will shine after they are given a proper cleaning and polishing. I'm sure your detail looks great!

2012 Explorer Limited Arrived at Dealer

We ordered:

2012 Explorer Limited with Red Candy Exterior / Black Interior, Luxury Seating Package, BLIS, Inflatable Seat Belts, All-Weather Mats, Trailer Pkg.

Timeline looks as follows so far:

7/11 - Ordered
8/17 - VIN (from Cory)
8/27 - Window sticker available
9/2 - Build date
9/23 - Arrived at dealer (Calgary, AB)
9/26 - Pick-up

Last edited:

Sure thing Xrider, they came out great, much more even luster thru the fins if the wheels. Then a 2012 edge pulls next to me at the dealer, I like the chrome wheels, wow, they should have offered those wheels as an option.
I just received my parts for my home PC, when it's back up post some pics, right now all I have is the iPad.

What? Could it be or am I just dreamin...wifey let me take her X for a 2nd time in two weeks :)) Well she wanted me to do the highway test on my way to work to verify A-pillar noise was gone. Yes dealership replaced both left/right sides this week. Seems ok so far. But also its been rain showers this week so I'll need another drive on a clear sunny day, LOL!

-- Sharkfin arrived a couple of days ago and I installed it.
-- Weathertech mats arrived and I also installed them (all 3 rows)
-- Front windows tinted close to 32/33% (35 is legal limit)

No more mods that I know of, other than I know she is shopping for a bike rack.

I'll get some pics posted after we get a clear day when I can wash it...looks like rain here in the Northeast thru Tuesday.

@Spengracin, I'm curious to see how well these polished chrome wells will shine after they are given a proper cleaning and polishing. I'm sure your detail looks great!

How long did it take to get the weathertech set and how do they fit?

Checked tonight and I have my window sticker.

Ordered on 9/3 originally, they fixed it on 9/6 (dealer ordered a FWD instead of AWD)
Got the VIN on 9/12 from Corey and my salesguy
Window sticker issued 9/23
Build date scheduled for 9/30
Delivery ??

Couple of questions for the peanut gallery:
1. Is there a reason the build your own no longer shows accessories? Namely the headrest DVD? They still show the external accessories that are DIO like the crossbars and splash guards.
2. My sticker doesn't show a front plate bracket, will one come with it or do I need to tell my sales guy to make sure they get one? Kansas doesn't require them, but I like to put my university tag up front.

'12 AWD Black w/ Lt Stone, 302A, Dual Moonroof, trailer tow, 20" Polished, splash guards, Headrest DVD, and cross bars (they didn't put them on the order but said they would install for me), X-Plan

One other question, I downloaded the MFT/Sync center stack supplement and it had a section in there that said that it could control the headrest DVD system if it was ordered at the time of build (had to be enabled in the MFT system at the factory). Has anyone seen this feature work?

How long did it take to get the weathertech set and how do they fit?

The Weathertech mats were delivered to our house in 5 days. Really unbelievable...we've ordered them over the years for other vehicles and it was always about 2 weeks, so perhaps they can turnaround the orders really fast since they have a new USA based manufacturing plant :))

Checked tonight and I have my window sticker.

Ordered on 9/3 originally, they fixed it on 9/6 (dealer ordered a FWD instead of AWD)
Got the VIN on 9/12 from Corey and my salesguy
Window sticker issued 9/23
Build date scheduled for 9/30
Delivery ??

Do you happen to know what your order priority was?

My order sheet the dealer faxed me had a "Priority 19" up by the order number. I have no clue what that means. They are the largest Ford dealer in the area though and supposedly in the top 100 in terms of volume.

My order:

2012 Limited AWD, Red Candy w/Charcoal Black Leather, 301a, Tow, Dual Panel Moonroof, BLIS/Rear Inflatable Seat Belts, 2nd Row Bucket Seats, 20" Painted Wheels, Roof Rail Crossbars, and All Weather Floor Mats

Here's my timeline:

8/16 - Ordered
9/06 - Build date
9/19 - Arrived at dealer (Long Island, NY)
9/23 - Pick-up
9/26 - Smiling ear to ear!

Thanks for the updates Cory!!!

calb,

I want to give you a heads up that after the “long” weekend, I replied to your last PM. Check your inbox for the details! :D

My order sheet the dealer faxed me had a "Priority 19" up by the order number. I have no clue what that means...
Flying68,

I did some asking around and verified that it’s how the dealer has the orders in the system. Dealers all have different systems for Priority code.

...Thanks for the updates Cory!!!
You got it, JohnnyDop! You can really thank me by posting some pics of your new ride. :D

Cory

Last edited:

Attachments

• explorer.JPG
    explorer.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 344

My order sheet the dealer faxed me had a "Priority 19" up by the order number. I have no clue what that means. They are the largest Ford dealer in the area though and supposedly in the top 100 in terms of volume.

My dealer told me 20 and under means a customer order so it's a higher priority than a stock order that will be sold off the lot.

Mine gave me a priority of 17, but I'm hoping it doesn't arrive too much before December (anxious as I am) as I have a few other discounts I can pick up then.

One other question, I downloaded the MFT/Sync center stack supplement and it had a section in there that said that it could control the headrest DVD system if it was ordered at the time of build (had to be enabled in the MFT system at the factory). Has anyone seen this feature work?

Can you post that Center Stack Supplement so we can all see it?

I have the OEM Ford Invision LT Series DVD headrests and they are completely separate from MFT.

Are you sure your not confusing the audio (no video) from a movie playing in the DVD headrests can be pushed up to the OEM Sony stereo using the FM modulation feature?

I personally have experienced very poor audio using the FM modulation feature and it seems others on here have had the same issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back