What's your status? | Page 44 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

order status

Hi, i am new to the forum . I ordered a 2012 Ex Limited on 8/8. Since then the dealer is really shady on giving me any info. Everytime i call,,, the guy that orders is unavailable. Any help would be appreciated. All i can give you is the dealers name. Not sure if you can help with so little info?
Thanks, Ryan

David Self Ford
Orange , Texas 2012 Explorer Limited
tri. white
301A
20's
black leather
ent. pack
bliss

Hi, i am new to the forum . I ordered a 2012 Ex Limited on 8/8...
Welcome to the forum, ryanfire12! I did some searching with the details you posted. Through deductive reasoning, I found your order in my tracking system. :) I will be sending you a PM with the details from my research. ;)

Cory

status

Hey Cory, Thanks alot. After giving them another call they gave me a est. delivery date of Oct. 10th. Thanks again, Ryan

Hopefully those chicago ford guys have a good day tomorrow. Looks like my ex is scheduled to be built on a friday

Hey Cory, Thanks alot. After giving them another call they gave me a est. delivery date of Oct. 10th. Thanks again, Ryan
You’re very welcome, ryanfire12. Now you can see your window sticker URL: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN here> and seeing is believing! :D

Hopefully those chicago ford guys have a good day tomorrow. Looks like my ex is scheduled to be built on a friday
I’m sure it’s tough for anyone not to have a great Friday, clickclack. ;) They’re really passionate about ensuring that the Explorers are of the highest quality. :)

Cory

Last edited:

Today is the day!
My X is supposed to be built today.
ETA is 9/26.
It is going to be a long couple of weeks :(

Cory,

Thank you for putting a Customer Service Mgr in touch with us (actually with my wife). He called her today, which is after her visit with dealership on Tuesday...and this is perfectly ok. He followed up w/ dealership and is also aware of parts being ordered for A-pillar noise. He was also informed by dealership that Nav was reflashed but so far none of us know the details of what that entails (dealership service rep didn't know and customer service mgr wasn't quite sure but will find out and follow up with us).

So far it has been a pleasant experience and we're just hoping the issues get resolved. We'll have another visit with service department when parts have arrived.

Interesting visit, my wife tells me that the service rep asked her to repeat the model year...he couldn't believe it was a 2012 with less than 300 miles and she was back already. They knew about the issues on the 2011 but appeared to be surprised that same issues carried over to 2012. No worries, I'm keeping her calm and she is being patient (for now, LOL).

Thanks again Cory!!!

Today is the day!
My X is supposed to be built today...
You’re right, Contabila; I double checked and found your Explorer rolled off the lines yesterday. :D During the wait, focus on all the towing you’ll do once it arrives. :)

...Thanks again Cory!!!
XRider,
You’re welcome! It’s important that this is resolved for you and the Customer Service Manager for your region will make sure that happens. ;)

Cory

You’re right, Contabila; I double checked and found your Explorer rolled off the lines yesterday. :D During the wait, focus on all the towing you’ll do once it arrives. :)

Thanks Cory. Funny you would say that. We actually will be towing something quite often- a Polaris Ranger. Heard great things about how well the new X tows. Can't wait to try it out.

Any updates that you can give me while my X is in route to California would be appreciated.

Have a great weekend :chug:

VIN finally assigned!! (Cory - Sent you a PM yesterday before I found out today. Not sure if you can see anything else on your side)

Ordered through our company vehicle ordering center 7/15/11. I've been logging onto their tracker website everyday since July.

It finally says, "Sent to Plant on 9/15/11" and showing a VIN but still can't view my window sticker.

The estimated arrival at dealer is 10/4/11....does anyone think is this realistic? (I'm in Hawaii)

2012 LTD 4WD
301A
Polished Wheels
BLIS
Black/Black

Can't wait!!

Last edited:

Thanks Cory. Funny you would say that. We actually will be towing something quite often- a Polaris Ranger. Heard great things about how well the new X tows. Can't wait to try it out...
Contabila,
I must have ESPN or something! ;) The Ranger looks like a blast. I’ll do my best to keep you in the loop as your Explorer makes its way to you.

VIN finally assigned!! (Cory - Sent you a PM yesterday before I found out today. Not sure if you can see anything else on your side)...
EKY,
Congrats! I’m a little bit behind due to some technical issues on Friday. I’ll catch up as soon as possible. :)

Cory

Xrider don't feel bad our 2012 LTD x was dropped off this morning ( 725 miles), with the following issues;

1) rear hatch, not aligned ( thought this would not get through the robots)
2) replace center, 2nd row drop down console ( snagged leather)
3) minor dent in left rear quarter
4) MFT 2.11v installed, but goes blank everyday.

Cory - No problem! I appreciate your updates. I did get your PM. I checked on the fleet tracker system and the ETA to the dealer has been revised to 10/27/11. Scheduled for production on 10/3/11. I can't wait! Thanks...

-Eric

Contabila,
I must have ESPN or something! ;) The Ranger looks like a blast. I’ll do my best to keep you in the loop as your Explorer makes its way to you.

EKY,
Congrats! I’m a little bit behind due to some technical issues on Friday. I’ll catch up as soon as possible. :)

Cory

Xrider don't feel bad our 2012 LTD x was dropped off this morning ( 725 miles), with the following issues...
Spengracin,
I have your VIN from previous messages, so let me know via PM if you’d like me to escalate those issues to the Customer Service Manager for your region. Please also include your contact information, mileage, and dealer info. I want to see this resolved for you.

Cory - No problem! I appreciate your updates. I did get your PM. I checked on the fleet tracker system and the ETA to the dealer has been revised to 10/27/11. Scheduled for production on 10/3/11. I can't wait! Thanks...

-Eric
You’re very welcome, Eric! The ETA to the dealer will most likely change from now until the Explorer rolls off the lines. It will definitely be worth the wait! ;)

Cory

Xrider don't feel bad our 2012 LTD x was dropped off this morning ( 725 miles), with the following issues;

1) rear hatch, not aligned ( thought this would not get through the robots)
2) replace center, 2nd row drop down console ( snagged leather)
3) minor dent in left rear quarter
4) MFT 2.11v installed, but goes blank everyday.

eeeek! That really stinks, sry to hear that. Rear hatch misalignment is one of the things wifey had on her list to check for when we picked up her X.

Hopefully they resolve all 4 of your issues (and many of us are waiting for a "real" solution to MFT).

Thanks Cory, no need, the dealer is on the issues, parts are ordered. The general manager, has reviewed our forum and also the service manager. I did some dealer/ service training. They like the threads for issues, gives them some in site to issues that affect customers.
Xrider, as soon as get my home PC back online, I'll post some pics, the dealer sent the vehicle to a local detailed, they polished the 20's even more, almost like chrome, looks great. FYI rear hatch is fixed, the rest of the parts are on order.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Hopefully they resolve all 4 of your issues...
XRider,
I agree; I’m confident they will resolve those issues. I hope you and your wife are enjoying the Explorer. ;)

Thanks Cory, no need, the dealer is on the issues, parts are ordered...
That’s great, Spengracin. It sounds like the dealer is taking good care of you. I’m looking forward to those pics. :)

Cory

Back