• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

What's your status?

jhreem

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
My order date is 3/25 and received Vin# 4/15. My wife's due date is May 4th. It would be nice to drive her and our newborn twin girls home in the Ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

spatel

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Blk LTD
My order date is 3/23, build date is 4/21 hoping to pick my tux black ex on either 4th or 5th of May. Specially these dates are good target for me as I am in the Chicagoland area, where explorers are assembled.

Good luck with your Ex!

Explorerfamily

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT, 11 LTD?
On hold again

Built 3/24, awaiting shipping . . . .

4/12 at plant released
4/13 at plant re released
4/14 re released,
4/15 Hold at plant in yard.

No explanation for why on hold. Flat out told they are unable to find that information out for me.

I gave the customer service rep a piece of my mind about how awful the customer service has been.

Red Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Northern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
My order date is 3/25 and received Vin# 4/15. My wife's due date is May 4th. It would be nice to drive her and our newborn twin girls home in the Ex.
I'm a twin girl! I'm crossing my fingers that you get your Ex next week!

jackey

Reaction score
City, State
CT-shoreline
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Ex XLT Kona Blue
Update:
AT DEALERS!!! Yippee.

Order 1/28
Build 3/29
In transit 4/6--2 stops(Buffalo NY & Davisville RI)
Arrived today
Hoping for a smooth delivery tomorrow.

Bill1234

Reaction score
City, State
Central CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited (Lovin' It!)
Congrats Jackey!!!!!!!!

IslandFamily

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Sterling Gray Limited
Yes, congrats!!! Just got the visibility report from the dealer and our car is now in Texas, headed West. Chugga Chugga Choo Choooooooooo!!!!!

jackey

Reaction score
City, State
CT-shoreline
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Ex XLT Kona Blue
Thanks!
Bill you should change your "on order" to "delivered"! LOL

IslandFamily...hope it keeps chugging along& you see it next week!

Red Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Northern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Yes, congrats!!! Just got the visibility report from the dealer and our car is now in Texas, headed West. Chugga Chugga Choo Choooooooooo!!!!!
I'm so excited for you! My Ex is getting transported by a truck. It's in transit, but I don't have an ETA.

IslandFamily

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Sterling Gray Limited
I'm so excited for you! My Ex is getting transported by a truck. It's in transit, but I don't have an ETA.
No ETA for me either...well, actually, my ETA is 3/30...LOL!

Bucho

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
09 LR2
4/16 - ordered S.Grey, 302a, 4WD LTD, moon, tow, DVD
4/18 - order cancelled waiting on 2012

Dealer experience amazing though.

jhreem

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I'm a twin girl! I'm crossing my fingers that you get your Ex next week!
I'm a twin boy! Let's activate our Wonder Twins powers to get me my car soon! :D

Red Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Northern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I'm a twin boy! Let's activate our Wonder Twins powers to get me my car soon! :D
I hope we both get our cars next week! I want your baby girls to ride home in style!

jackey

Reaction score
City, State
CT-shoreline
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Ex XLT Kona Blue
4/16 - ordered S.Grey, 302a, 4WD LTD, moon, tow, DVD
4/18 - order cancelled waiting on 2012

Dealer experience amazing though.
What made you cancel the order & wait?
From what the scuttle is now the order dates for 2012 have been moved from May til June or later, which means you may not see it til Dec! This is all so crazy!

Bucho

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
09 LR2
What made you cancel the order & wait?
From what the scuttle is now the order dates for 2012 have been moved from May til June or later, which means you may not see it til Dec! This is all so crazy!
Honestly the issues with rattle/MFT got me a little worried. Also for years I've pontificated about the woes of buying a first model year and had to suck it up and follow my own advice. The other huge reason is that I'm in no rush - for some reason I feel like I have money burning a hole in my pocket - and I realized that was silly. Hopefully I can get this '12 ordered before the Range Rover Evoque comes out and my wife overrides my Ex desire lol. This is what my dealer told me:

ust found some additional info for you...Ford usually builds their vehicles in two runs, called "jobs."# Currently we are ordering "Job 1" vehicles.# That order cycle is open until June 9.# After that we should be ordering "Job 2" units.# All 2011s.# It is possible that there won't be a Job2 and we will be able to order 2012s after June 9 but that isn't likely.# But I understand where you are coming from and I will go ahead and cancel your 2011 order.# As soon as I have more info on ordering 2012s I will send you an email.#
By the way,# we have ordered 8 Explorers so far and none have taken more than 8 weeks.# The only thing that may be different about yours is the dual headrest dvd.# We haven't ordered any with that option.# But I can't imagine that adding any time to the order.#

Jabby02

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Has anyone heard from Seni in the past few days? I sent her a PM a few days ago and haven't heard back from her.

turtles

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Has anyone heard from Seni in the past few days? I sent her a PM a few days ago and haven't heard back from her.
Same with me...

jeeden

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
Thought I would throw my status back in here (last seen on the first page of this thread):

Kona Blue Limited
vin=1FMHK8F88BGA25761
Ordered 1/31
Built 2/7
SMR 2/10 with 2.4
ETA 1: 2/14
ETA 2: 2/20 (still)
Awaiting Shipping

Info as of last week. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.