What's your status? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Ordered 12/22

Built 3/15

1st ETA 3/26

Picking up on 4/11

Dealer is one hour from plant

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered: 1/21
Built: 2/24
ETA: 3/1

Apparently my X has grown fond of Chicago & doesn't want to leave.

Ordered 2/23/11
Built 3/23/11
First ETA 3/28/11

Seni reported it released and in transit on 4/8/11
Dealer called today and said car expected on lot on 4/13/11

[Location about 4.5 hours south of Chicago plant]

Status update:
ordered 1/28
Built 3/29
Sync 2.7 3/30

as of today I am told it is in Norfolk VA, with an ETA of today.
However, I am not in VA..I'm about 14 hours north in CT!

UPDATE***Called CRC today(4/11)....my truck was never in Norfolk VA...nope it's been sitting in Buffalo NY---on the NORFOLK Southern Railway.
Is it so hard to read a computer?
I am still waiting for Jamie(on FB) to confirm this & give me some idea how long it will sit there. My dealer just says, "I don't know".
<sigh>

Ordered 2/28

originally scheduled to be built 4/4
Now scheduled to be built 4/18

XLT 4WD
202A
Ingot Silver
Black Interior

UPDATE***Called CRC today(4/11)....my truck was never in Norfolk VA...nope it's been sitting in Buffalo NY---on the NORFOLK Southern Railway.
Is it so hard to read a computer?
I am still waiting for Jamie(on FB) to confirm this & give me some idea how long it will sit there. My dealer just says, "I don't know".
<sigh>

What makes you think the railroads have computers that show where any of their railcars are? :)

A lot of that is still done by calling someone on the radio and telling them roughly where the railcar is and them writing on a log sheet.

What makes you think the railroads have computers that show where any of their railcars are? :)

A lot of that is still done by calling someone on the radio and telling them roughly where the railcar is and them writing on a log sheet.

LOL NO I meant the Ford CSR..she read the computer & said "Your truck is in Norfolk, VA"....and it wasn't, it was on NORFOLK Southern Railways..it is sitting in Buffalo(or not).

According to CRC today my ETA is now 4/14-4/21(week of) & they can't tell me if it's in Buffalo or not, or even if it ever was on the rail car....but Friday & yesterday they could. Hmmm.....

Picking up my XLT today after work. We are about 2.5 hours west of Chicago.
Ordered sometime in the middle of February (no deposit given).
Built 4.1
Delivered 4.10 as scheduled.

Fingers Crossed...
My ETA is still 4/11 and as of an hour ago, the dealer says it is in RI.
Previous ETA's were 4/4, 4/9

At least a lot of you have cars moving. My ETA went from 3/21 to 3/30 and it hasn't changed and my car isn't moving.

Kinda frustrating that the Ford Customer service doesnt answer their phones for two days now and dont return messages. My lease isending in less than two weeks and car is supposedly still in Chicago. Plus i have friends who ordered the exact same car two weeks after me and just got them delivered (3/16 build date vs 3/21). Suposedly my vehicle is on a quality hold.

Bought a inbound Limited two weeks ago that was built on 3/10. Still no word. Looks like it is still sitting in Chicago.

Not sure how long I will wait, until I start looking at other vehicles. The stories I have been hearing are not encouraging.

Fingers Crossed...
My ETA is still 4/11 and as of an hour ago, the dealer says it is in RI.
Previous ETA's were 4/4, 4/9

Oh lucky you!!! Ford says mine is sitting in Buffalo...and they have said this since last week. Still saying 4/14 as ETA.
I asked my dealer & he just says "I don't know", or "I'll ask Anthony(GSM)" and then never calls me back.

ordered 3/25
Got Vin number:4/11
No build date yet

Seni just let me know that my Status finally changed to 'In Transit'!

My build date was originally week of 4-4 just got a window sticker. The date at the bottom shows today 4-12. Is that the build date?

Ordered 2/23
Built 3/24
Arrived at dealer today (4/11), pick up tomorrow
Dealer says that the car "looks sharp"

Explorer Limited
Ingot silver with black interior
Rapid spec 300A

FYI the car was ordered through a small, local dealership

My build date was originally week of 4-4 just got a window sticker. The date at the bottom shows today 4-12. Is that the build date?

Top left. Look for 120110412. Throw out the 1. 2011 is the year. 04/12 is the build date
You should be able to sync with it in a day or two.

Ordered 2/23/11
Built 3/23/11
First ETA 3/28/11

Seni reported it released and in transit on 4/8/11
Dealer called today and said car expected on lot on 4/13/11

[Location about 4.5 hours south of Chicago plant]

That's great news! Let me know how it goes for you tomorrow! Enjoy the rest of your week!

~Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back