What's your status? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Ordered Feb. 5th
Built Feb. 25th
Just arrived at the dealer last night. Looks like its been on a long tired journey. Needs a good bath and a little TLC from the dealer before delivery. Thanks to everyone on this board for the info posted. With everyone's help, I've actually had a little fun having more information on my car than the dealer. Think I'll call him this morning and tell him my car is on his lot. Thanks again to everyone........remember our troops.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone heard from Seni in the past few days? I sent her a PM a few days ago and haven't heard back from her.

She is probably on a much deserved Vacation:):burnout:

Actually just heard from her, my status is now "in Transit" finally, the end is in sight!

I ordered my Limited 4WD on 1/29
Completed Build Date shows tomorrow - 4/21 (Finally)
SMR - No info yet

Hey Lbsmith,

My build data is also tomorrow 4/21 for tux blk ex ltd. However, my order date was 3/23. Hope our explorer is delivered in next few weeks.

Are you getting the FWD or 4WD? At least you won't have to wait as long for the delivery since you are in IL. I'm all the way in GA......

Kona Blue XLT 4WD
I ordered from my dealer on 2/17.
Built on 3/16.
In-transit for about the last week (per my dealer and Seni).
Dealer said ETA was 4/19 (per conversation last Saturday on 4/16).
Didn't arrive. Seni sent me a message and says the updated ETA is 4/22.

We will SEE! I'm not holding my breath. I'm hopeful, but not expecting anything.

I really hope this will be worth the wait. As of tomorrow it will have been 9 weeks. This is the first time that I have ordered a vehicle and I'm feeling really disappointed with how bad this process has gone. I will always be a Ford driver - we have three right now - but this has really hurt Ford's reputation. They really need to think about creating some type of system that customer's can track their own vehicle orders without having to pester people - such as Seni (she's awesome!) and our dealers. Maybe for the future.

My husband's lease on his car is up in about a year. I'm thinking we will just choose a vehicle that is already on the lot.

I was already thinking about cancelling my order if this goes on much longer. I'm hoping that this ETA will be correct. If not, I may just go with another Edge and feel really bitter about the whole process.

My dealer got in several "stock" vehicles yesterday that had been built after mine. He was really excited because one was the same color as mine, but it was FWD and not mine. That made the pill even more bitter to swallow. It was the same color, built after mine, not even pre-sold and yet it arrived on the date of my ETA.

Here's hoping for this weekend to end this long painful process.

Ann from Omaha, NE

Ann....I just brought home my kona blue XLT yesterday. FABULOUS!!!
I ordered 1/28, built 3/29, arrived 4/20. Mine was "in transit" for 13 days(Chicago to CT).
Keep the faith!

I was just informed that my LTD is in Ohio with an ETA 0f 4/26 at my dealer in CT.
Ordered 2/02, built 3/15, sync 3/17 ver 2.7 gen2.
As Seni said yesterday, "Get ready to enjoy that new car smell!"

I was just informed that my LTD is in Ohio with an ETA 0f 4/26 at my dealer in CT.
Ordered 2/02, built 3/15, sync 3/17 ver 2.7 gen2.
As Seni said yesterday, "Get ready to enjoy that new car smell!"

CT is trying to represent!!!
We now have:
central(Bill1234)
shoreline: me
and northeastern!!

Ordered on 3/4

Vin Received on 4/8

Scheduled Build Week 4/25 received 4/10

Scheduled Build Day 4/28 Received 4/19

No word on Delivery as of yet

Just recieved a PM from Seni. My Ex is on its way to its new home. ETA of 4/30. Maybe it will take the express route and I can have it for next weekend. Please dont stop in every town on the way from Chicago.

I was lucky. My fleet dealer had several EX's on order and I was lucky enough to buy what I wanted with all the options except for the 20" polished wheels -- no problem, I can live with the painted ones and might get after market wheels anyhow.

I ordered the white platinum, 301A-Limited package on 3/30/11. The build date was 4/4/11.

I'm picking it up this afternoon!!!

CT is trying to represent!!!
We now have:
central(Bill1234)
shoreline: me
and northeastern!!

That’s what I'm talking about! Hopefully we don't end up like NY. I hardly see any in CT, but on way to AC, we saw a ton of them ;)

what is my status?

Can someone please help me? I ordered my new explorer on feb 25, they said it was ordered thru ford on march 1 with order number 0039. I just got off the phone with the dealer (in NJ) and i still have nothing, not even a vin number. When we ordered the car we were told 5-7 weeks, and to find out basically nothing has been done if very fustrating. Ordered a Limited in white platinum with the bucket seats as the second row and 301A. The delaer told me that some vehicles were getting pulled this week and hopefully i will have a vin on monday. Can anybody shead any more light on this? Then once i get a vin how long until i finally get the car?

Thanks!!!!

new member looking to track an EX. how do I get started?

You're so lucky. I just ordered mine on 4/8, and am patiently awaiting when I see it. I guess it'll be aroun June sometime. I was told 4-6 weeks, but after reading posts here, I'm not so sure about that.

Ordered 10/18/10 built 02/24/11 arrived 4/20/11 maybe the early order holds have finally gotten to the front of the line.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered 3/30
Received VIN# - 4/21
Scheduled Build Week - 5/9
Received Window Sticker - 5/10
Build Date - 5/14
Shipped out - 6/4

Back