What's your status? | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Yes, our dealer has been great and has put in writing our rebates. Only thing left in question is trade-in value of our current car, they wouldn't give an offer on it when ordering as he said he didn't want to give a number and have it change by the time I actually trade it in, and now with the high gas prices I'm afraid it's not going to be that great. Oh well I'll just suck it up. Can't wait for tomorrow though.

Take it to carmax and get an offer from them. If it is good, then take that back to the dealer and use it for neg or just take the carmax offer. If it is bad, your no worse off.

I have heard showing interest in other vehicles at carmax and remaining "on the fence" about trading or selling at carmax can improve their appraisal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take it to carmax and get an offer from them. If it is good, then take that back to the dealer and use it for neg or just take the carmax offer. If it is bad, your no worse off.

I have heard showing interest in other vehicles at carmax and remaining "on the fence" about trading or selling at carmax can improve their appraisal.

Our dealer offered over $1000 more than CarMax but we did it to have a bargaining "tool" if needed.

This is what I did with my trade in.

Dealer offered me $3000 less than Carmax, then came up $1000. When I mentioned the Carmax offer, he said sometimes they will match it, and sometimes they won't.

They did end up matching the Carmax offer.

Ordered 3/25
Vin - 4/15
Build Date - ?
ETA - ?

Waiting by the phone for THE call. ANYDAY,OR HOUR.

Ordered 3/23
No VIN yet, dealer told me it was too early
Was told about 10 weeks from order date

Hey Joe,

I just replied to your PM. Let me know if you have any further questions. Enjoy your Wednesday.

~Seni

The Ford inventory website shows my Explorer "Available in stock".

Just talked to my saleman, he said it is still in So VA, so guess I will not get it this week.

Ordered 3/29
Kona Blue 4WD Limited 301A charcoal w/buckets
No VIN yet

Dealer has been fantastic - so has Seni. Funny thing is, a buddy of mine and I ordered our Ex's the same day from the same dealer. Per the preview report, his will schedule for a build date tomorrow, but mine will wait until next week to be scheduled. Just my luck!

Oh, well - I have just begun seeing more around town lately, so I'm beginning to get a bit more anxious for the arrival date!!

Ordered 2/27
Build date 3/18
Released on 3/26
Supposed to arrive on 4/4
Being held in Illinois.
Then, supposed to arrive on 4/14
No update since 4/14

Has anyone else ordered the inflatable seat belts and gotten their EX. Told it was not a problem. 3 vehicles with numbers within a 5 number range of ours have shown up on 4/12, w/o inflatable belts.

Dealer was notified that it was on Ramp 06 on 4/21, then left on transport at 11:45AM 4/25. Arrived at dealer at 9:00PM 4/26. Picked up at 7:00PM 4/27. Chicago to Baltimore in 32hrs.

Rory from Ford customer service and her crew really did a great job tracking down the vehicle and moving it along after Seni put them on to our dilemma.

Rory called me to let me the vehicle was at the dealer before the dealer even knew the vehicle had been delivered to them.

Still got the $1000 rebate, even though it ended 2 days ago.

My wife is still outside sitting in it and calling all her friends using the SYNC system. Hope that battery is high capacity.

Ordered - 4/27
Vin - 5/2
Build Date - 5/21 or 5/23
SMR - 5/24
ETA - 6/1 (was 6/3)

Limited, Tuxedo Black, Med. Light Stone, Tow, Moon Roof, 20" Pol. Alum., DVD Headrests

We just got an e-mail from our sales guy that he has good news and to call him (hubby is calling him right now)!! I am so excited...hoping he is going to tell us our car is here. :D:D

Just got the call.

Unloading my Explorer as we speak.

Should pick up today.

The Ford inventory website shows my Explorer "Available in stock".

Just talked to my saleman, he said it is still in So VA, so guess I will not get it this week.

I haven't heard anything about mine either. Maybe next week is best anyway. I have plans this weekend and would have to fit in a pick up of the truck plus I don't want them to rush the prep of the truck, DVD players, etc.

I'm going to make sure they upgrade the sync to 2.8. My father has been trying to get his upgraded from them and they claim the latest they have is 2.4 so I expect this to be an issue of connecting them with the Ford sync guys to get the upgrade done.

My black weathertech mats are in though. I REALLY like them. They aren't as rigid as they appear online which is good, I didn't want something that wasn't "grippy" at all.

Dealer was notified that it was on Ramp 06 on 4/21, then left on transport at 11:45AM 4/25. Arrived at dealer at 9:00PM 4/26. Picked up at 7:00PM 4/27. Chicago to Baltimore in 32hrs.

Rory from Ford customer service and her crew really did a great job tracking down the vehicle and moving it along after Seni put them on to our dilemma.

Rory called me to let me the vehicle was at the dealer before the dealer even knew the vehicle had been delivered to them.

Still got the $1000 rebate, even though it ended 2 days ago.

My wife is still outside sitting in it and calling all her friends using the SYNC system. Hope that battery is high capacity.

so, you're saying there's a chance...

What did you have to do to get it moving and delivered that quickly? I was expecting at least a week for delivery.

so, you're saying there's a chance...

What did you have to do to get it moving and delivered that quickly? I was expecting at least a week for delivery.

The dealer had a lot of Explorers that were built and waiting to be shipped to them. A full truck did arrive at the dealer from the same plant.

Maybe Ford decided to ship using a transport since all were going to the same dealer?

Strange that our vehicle had 39 miles on it when the other Explorers that came off the truck had 2 miles each.

I haven't heard anything about mine either. Maybe next week is best anyway. I have plans this weekend and would have to fit in a pick up of the truck plus I don't want them to rush the prep of the truck, DVD players, etc.

I'm going to make sure they upgrade the sync to 2.8. My father has been trying to get his upgraded from them and they claim the latest they have is 2.4 so I expect this to be an issue of connecting them with the Ford sync guys to get the upgrade done.

My black weathertech mats are in though. I REALLY like them. They aren't as rigid as they appear online which is good, I didn't want something that wasn't "grippy" at all.

I asked them to update sync to 2.8. Greg said his radio guy was not in, and they would have to schedule an appointment to do it later. He called me back an hour later and said his radio guy would be in, and pushed my pick up back to later in the day, so they can do the update.

Did not say anything about not having 2.8 available.

We will see, as I am not sure if he knows what versions are available.

Ordered 2/2
Built 3/15
ETA 3/21 (not)
ETA 3/28 (not)
ETA now??????
Awaiting Shipment
SMR is currently showing 2.7 on 3/17

As of today....sitting on a rail car.....no one can say where! Crazy system right?

As of today 4/28 EX is in Rhode Island!.........Needs to be in CT!!!!

Ordered 1/30
Vin 2/15 or so
Built 3/5
ETA 3/21 ... not
ETA 3/28 ... not
In Transit 4/18
Delivered 4/27 (with a slashed tire)
Pick-up 4/28 (In about 3 hours)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I asked them to update sync to 2.8. Greg said his radio guy was not in, and they would have to schedule an appointment to do it later. He called me back an hour later and said his radio guy would be in, and pushed my pick up back to later in the day, so they can do the update.

Did not say anything about not having 2.8 available.

We will see, as I am not sure if he knows what versions are available.

Wow, so yours is on the lot? I might need to shoot him an email :)

He might not know about the sync update version. I'll be interested to hear if you get the latest.

Edit: Just after writing this I looked at my email and had one from him saying "The long wait for one of my customers is finally over. Hopefully yours will be over soon."

Guess that answers my question. Might still be on the train, just not on the truck I hope :)

Back