wheel lock key | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wheel lock key

Did a 5 tire rotation this morning. Went out on my break at work just now and saw this

20130802_154903.jpg

That's my wheel lock key... Luckily, the dumbtards that work at the last tire shop I took my truck to used an air torque wrench on the key to take off the lock, instead of a hand wrench, and buggered up the metal, so it wedges itself now. Cursed those guys until now- Guess I'm the dumbtard now lolol..

Can you get that lug nut off?

Personally, I'm not a fan of that style wheel lock. I had the key strip completely out on one of my cars and I had to drill the lug nut off.

And really, who is going to steal those wheels?

Can you get that lug nut off?

Personally, I'm not a fan of that style wheel lock. I had the key strip completely out on one of my cars and I had to drill the lug nut off.

And really, who is going to steal those wheels?

Yeah, it comes off, just have to apply pressure, and be careful not to let it slip.

Hahah, I figured 40 dollars for locks would be worth the cost of a set of wheels and tires, since at the time I spent around 1000 for the set..

Anticipated them lasting longer; maybe through a few sets of wheels/tires, but apparently that won't be an option.

Back