Which 02 sensor is Sensor 1 Bank 1? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which 02 sensor is Sensor 1 Bank 1?

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
Last time i climbed under the truck and unplugged them one by one to see which went dead.... but figured i would ask if anyone knows off the top of their head.

Which 02 sensor is Bank 1 Sensor 1?

I keep getting a check engine light with code 133 (slow 02 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1)... I need to take the truck through emissions before april 27 and the readiness codes are not completing because of the slow sensor.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That would be the passenger side, closest to the manifold.

Im getting error code P0156 02 sensor circuit malfunction. Bank 2 sensor 2.

So by the previous response Im guessing this is the drivers side furthest away from the manifold. Is that correct?

Oddly Ive noticed a little more power when I accelerate. Think this is caused by the bad 02 sensor?

Thanks in advance.

correct, drivers side rear sensor.

here is a hint... if you cant see or get to it from the bottom, remove the center console and there is a access cover in the top of the tranny tunnel.

correct, drivers side rear sensor.

here is a hint... if you cant see or get to it from the bottom, remove the center console and there is a access cover in the top of the tranny tunnel.

Great, thanks for the info. I just read the whole thread on removing the console posted by Turdle: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209770

In that thread someone mentioned that bank 2 is easier to get to from underneath. Ill check as soon as it cools down.

it very well may be. I dont recall which ones you need to get to from the top and which ones from the bottom. Good luck, also an 02 socket comes in very handy!

Back