Which monitor has the best picture quality? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which monitor has the best picture quality?

BLACK95

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Ga.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
I'm looking at an in dash monitor for a DVD player, which brank of monitor do you guys think has the best picture quality. I leaning toward Alpine or Clarion. How do you guys feel about the Kenwood, Pioneer, or Panasonic. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Santeca has the best overall picture quality and the broadest viewing angles. Clarion multimedia is also one of the best. they've been doing for a long time now, and their quality surpasses many other brands by far.

I would go with the Clarion. Man I think Alpine is all name and price but not as much quality IMO.

Just curious but does anyone know the legalities of having a monotor ( in use ) that can be viewed by the driver?

Thanks.....

Well in Alabama it isn't illegal but i'm not sure for Florida. Just turn it off when the cop goes to pull you over. HEHE. :D

I think you will find that in most states it is illegal to have video in veiw of the driver while the car is moving.
The Clarion stuff is nice, Alpine is just to much in my opinon. I do alot of monitors from Acelle Electronics, good quality resonible price along with a big variety of sizes.

The Alpine does Suck! Plus if you want dvd you have to have a second din unit for dvd and indash tv. The Clarion and Kenwood are both good. Also Panasonic has a good screen. I know my Kenwood has a great screen you can see it from any angle.

As for legal, who here is 100% legal anyway.

Originally posted by Black Magic
As for legal, who here is 100% legal anyway.

Me :D

ive had the pioneer avx-p7000dvd for almost a year and im in love with the set up. the monitor is crystal clear from every angle. its pretty costly with the master unit and tv tunner but oh well its worth every penny

Back