which tcase to get? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which tcase to get?

i am working on a 2wd to 4wd conversion and my first thing is to get a manual tcase and rear driveshaft. i have been looking at the atlas2 with the 3.0:1 low range, i have been considering the manual borg warner that came as oem on the explorers, i know i could prolly get the BG from a junk yard but do any of yall know how much it would cost? and with the atlas2 where can they be obtained? and how much do they cost? are there any other tcases that are worth considering? i would like to spend as little money as possible but id also like to do it right the first time. just basically looking for "bang for the buck"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i would guess the BW t-case would run around 2-300. i think that they were only offored in 91 on the explorers but you may look in a ranger for a newer one. the atlas is like 3k and unless you do serious offroading or are making serious power you better off with the stock one. ive heard the BW is strong enough for a mild v8 so i think its good enough for now.

Atlas II is about 2200-2400
Pete

P.S. there was a thread started by rick in the group purchace forum I believe where some guy on another website is trying to get enough people, and the Atlas II will only be $1800

Hi Austin,
I have the oem transfer case from a 1992 Navajo. I replaced it with the Atlas 11. It's in great shape. Are you interested in buying it. Let me know, we can work something out.

Tom (FAKRWEE)

Tom, is it the manual tcase? and also is it the borg-warner? if so im definetly interested, 2k is a little more than i wanted to spend so it looks like the b-G is gonna be the tcase of choice

Austin, yes it is the B/W manual T case. I'm selling it for $800.00 plus shipping. It looks brand new. It's been in
the garage since it came off the rig. Let me know.
Tom (FAKRWEE)

Back