Whine on acceleration | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whine on acceleration

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Late getting in here, but yeah, my money would be on the pinion bearings. Classic symptoms, and it'll only get worse faster and faster.

-Joe

Yeah, I'm pretty set on it being that at this point. Doesn't look like an easy fix either :eek:
Oh well, what can ya do. Thanks for the help in figuring this out

bad help,, no good,

Hm... it looks a bit dirty. $50 for one ain't bad. So, I'm going to be replacing the idler pulley, serpentine belt (some weather checking on it), IAC valve, and will be taking it to the mechanic that did the bearings (he claims that he replaced inners and outers and warranties his work, so I'm going to bring it up to him tomorrow to have him take a look). Hopefully one of these things fixes it! I also read about pinion bearings causing this, but don't have much experience with differentials, any chance it could be bearings or seal?
if this is a 4 wheel drive,
i hope you never use a guy that replaced the inner and outer wheels bearings more than once,, it just goes to show you how much he doesn't know,,,

there is only one wheel bearing on each side,,, held in place by 3 bolts,

you know i am suprised nobody else got that ,,

i just looked up the wheel bearing hub assembly on the 2wd model its a little different than I had thought.

Back