Who is "awaiting shipment?" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

Mine is a dealer order I put money down on and was built in either Dec or Jan and has been in and out of hold status twice now awaiting shipment times 3 weeks again. If you are looking for information about why it is on hold or shipment date NO ONE at Ford will tell you anything. I have been dealing with them on the phone, FB page and via the dealer. No one can tell me anything. Anyone else think they could have finshed a quality check in that length of time?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK....I just called Ford Customer Service and they said mine is "awaiting shipment" and it has been since March 23. She couldn't tell me anything else. Here is my time line:

Ordered Jan 4
Built March 17
Awaiting Shipment March 23
Still waiting delivery ?????

The biggest problem that I think I have is the dealer. Once I gave them my $500 bucks I haven't heard from them. Since Jan 4th I have e-mailed an called a total of 7 times.......two of those were just to get info about the vehicle so I could read up on it while I had the time. If it wasn't for me calling I probably wouldn't know anything. I just sent an e-mail to the dealer yesterday asking for free splash guards since the 6-8 weeks is turning into 12+..............

Rodney

Don't think dealer is problem. Ford is the problem. They won't say what is holding up delivery. You will never get a straight answer from customer service. Plus the answer may vary depending on who you are talking to. There are 1000's awaiting shipment. Good luck.

You are right......I know this problem with the shipment isn't the dealers issue. What I meant was in addition to Ford my dealer issue was follow up and just relaying information even if it is bad! I do understand that the dealers are at Fords mercy on this one!! They could however just let me know what is going on instead of me having to ask every single time!

OK just checked with Ford Customer Service again and they are telling me and ETA at the Dealer of March 30.................probably take a day to prep so maybe I will get in on Friday!

March 30 of 2011 or 2012? Let me know if you get it Wed.

Built 3/16, still awaiting shipment. Just talked to customer service, no updates, ETA is still 3/26....

For those of you who got more detailed information, like which dock/ramp, etc., how did you get that? When I ask the Customer Service Rep for this information they say they don't have access to that information.

I called twice today. The first time the person didn't give me much info other than "Awaiting Shipment"......the second person said that there was two screen to look at and gave me the ETA. I didn't think to ask about Dock info etc...........I am only 17 miles away from where they build them. I could probably drive by and see my vehicle in the lot!!!

Add me to the "awaiting shipment" list. ETA was today, not here of course. Seni says still awaiting shipment with no new assigned ETA as of today. Not happy to hear that, especially when she said to check back again on Friday, so that means it will probably sit there all week? Very disappointed and not happy to hear this news, losing faith at this point that I'll see this vehicle anytime soon. :thumbdwn::thumbdwn: Ford

I just got a note from Seni as well saying the same thing....but when I called the customer service number they gave me the ETA of March 30..........I sent a note to Seni inquiring if she had that info. Still waiting to her back!

Seni just replied back with this answer:

"Rodney,

I am not showing anything for your ETA but an old outdated March 23 date. As of today, they have not updated the system to show a real time ETA. Sorry that you received other information.

Seni"

I am sure she is pulling her hair out with all of us requesting info that she has no control over...........

Still frustrating however!

I'm still awaiting shipment. Built 3/15. Original ETA was 3/21 but was updated to 3/23. I just talked to my salesman today. Same ETA of 3/23...he faxed me what he was looking at. There was a primary status and a secondary status. Not sure what it means, but the secondary status last week was "at plant" and is now "re-released". Is anyone familar with the secondary status?

I just got a note from Seni as well saying the same thing....but when I called the customer service number they gave me the ETA of March 30..........I sent a note to Seni inquiring if she had that info. Still waiting to her back!

After seeing your post, decided to call customer service to see if they had any more information. Mine is on the famous ramp 6 in Chicago with an ETA of 3/29. However, the rep stated that to his knowledge, the ETA's they have are to the Hub, not the dealer.

Apparently when it's at plant it's getting something fixed. Then it goes back to lot and "awaits shipping". Mines been to plant twice and is now awaiting shipping. It was built Feb 9. It would probably be cheaper and faster if they just built me a new car over again.

Yours might be going by rail. I think that is what they mean by hub. The rail yards don't like to keep them for very long. Matter of fact they charge for storage after 36-48 hours (typically)......

I just called my dealer and they said they will check for me............my dealer talked me into order one even though I found one in Atlanta (I am in Chicago). If I ordered it from them they would get an extra 3% from Ford. I thought - 6-8 weeks - I can help them out. Maybe I made the wrong decision!!!!!

Just got an update on mine.

Ordered Feb 11
Built Mar 16
As of Mar 22 "awaiting shipment"
As of Today Mar 28 "in transit" No updated ETA.

Coming to North Carolina

Been there. Mine was built 2/16 and I got it one month later on 3/16 as I recall.

Frustrating to no end...but all worth it. Hang in there guys/gals.

OK this is getting more frustrating but comical! I called customer service again and the new customer service person I called said that the original ETA was March 23rd.........but it had a "plant hold" but now has been released to "awaiting shipment" with no ETA. I told him that another rep told be that ETA was the 30th but he said that he didn't show anything like that....

He also told me that most of the updates to their system happen on Tuesdays and Thursdays so those are the days it is best to check. He was a very pleasant guy!

I am still waiting a call from my dealer. Going on 3 hours now. I bet they wont' call!

Just for fun I called customer service again. This time I got the ETA of March 30. The same I got on call #2 today but was told on call #3 that this information didn't exist.

Still no call from my dealer! 4 hours!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seni update today, built 3-17, AWAITING SHIPPMENT. ETA 4-3. Sigh!

Back