Who makes a good 6" lift for a 90-94 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who makes a good 6" lift for a 90-94 Explorer?

Flex_Chris

Reaction score
City, State
Beaverton, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport
This is my first Explorer let alone Ford ever so I am trying to find a good suspension (not body) lift kit for my car... It is a 92 Ford Explorer 4x4 and I am looking for a 6 inch suspension lift. I have found some 4 inch lifts but I really would like a 6 inch. Anyone know of any websites where I can find a good 6 inch lift and also is there any brand that seems to be better (more reputable) than others that I should look for? Any help is much appreciated!

Best Regards,
Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you search you will find all the information you need on this subject. But, look into these : "Skyjacker"---(hard to find new, but may be able to find a used kit. From what I hear it is very good). "Superlift"---(its a 5.5" kit but close enough. Also a good kit). "James Duff"---( also a 5.5" kit. Duff is known for it extremly good quality, and i hear the extended arms they make are top notch).

-Nick Good

One more quick question (Sorry I have done alot of searching but alot of the stuff I find answers some of my questions but is not as specific as I would like it to be). Anyways on to the question... Can you run both a suspension lift and a body lift? Say a 4 inch suspension lift and then a 2 or 3 inch body lift?

Doing some searching on Yahoo and I found this... Dead Link Removed

Looks like they sell the Superlift 5.5 inch suspension lift kit which looks like it will do the job for me! I guess I should probably see how "lifted" the car looks after this and then decide if I want it any higher.

Yeah bodylift and suspension lifts can be ran together.

What size tires do you want to run? Also to see what it looks like there are a bunch of guys on this site with that lift with tires sizes ranging from 32s to 35s. Search this site for Show off your lifted First Gen Explorer.

Welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

Back