Votes: 83 18.9%
  • Have done it once or twice

Votes: 224 51.1%
  • Sleep there every camping trip

Votes: 97 22.1%
  • It's the only place I have to sleep

Votes: 21 4.8%

• Total voters
I used to sleep in my '93 4 door all the time. Used an air mattress and it was quite confortable. BTW, I'm 6'4" and had no difficulties at all. I have an '02 Sport now, and miss the extra length of the 4 door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't ever slept in my truck, but could if I needed/wanted to.

Went camping once, and it turned out being way humid. So I started up the truck, let it idle for a couple hours during the nite. Had cool air, music controls right at my head. Talk about awesome. This was in mom's mountie tho. I've also slept in the back of my 2 door while on a road trip, switching out with the other two drivers...got plenty of sleep on a 28 hour drive, and was comfortable too!!
-Martin

never have slept overnight, got tired so i put the seats down and layed down for a while, but I could see if u absolutley needed to how someone could pass out in the back,

My (White `92) X used to belong to my Aunt, she bought an inflatable mattress and used to sleep in it when she was traveling. It is a PERFECT fit for a Queen Mattress. I remember sleeping in it once when I was younger, but not now. Too many freaks out there to consider it these days.

Ryan

Ya my uncle is a single 40 something year old man and he has a house that he shares with some of his friends and i go over there sometimes to pull all nighters on the xbox but one night i had had enough and wanted to go to bed but everybody was so freakin loud. I stole a blanket and 2 pillows put the back seats down in my ex turned on the cd player and went to sleep. It sucked waking up in the morning sweating. Guess i shoulda opened the pop out windows in the back to vent a little.

Oh!, I thought who sleeps WITH their ex! :D
Actually we (wife,not ex) sleep in there sometimes in the summer.:)

:ca:

As an experiment...................this winter we (wife, 7 yr old, and myself) used the Explorer to "camp" in the unheated enclosed garage. Used the sleeping bags and pillows, at first it was nice and comfy. Then, it got cold that night (about low 30s).........it was too cold for me. I snuck out and slept in my bed......soon, followed by wife and later by the 7 yr old.

We'll try again in the summer.

Aloha,Mark

I love camping with an Explorer, Its four wheel drive so you can have fun while getting were you go, carry all your stuff inside with you, carry people with you, and when your friends are sleeping in the cold and rain you can roll down the window and laugh at them.....and then when you wake up its 110 out like here in the Summer when they laugh at you for roasting like a turkey in your black Explorer....been there done that :rolleyes:

when you say sleep, do you mean who? or how often?

yup..camped in mine once last summer..before that i'd camped in my moms and dads Xs..lay the seats down its hella comfy!!

i havn't camped with my X yet (i will in the future) but early saturday mornings after late friday nights the back row folds down and its a bed for me or a friend.

slept (more like passed out) in the back seat once... very uncomfortable. No room in the back cuz of my sub box.
slept in the back seat of my Bronco2 before also.
Very uncomfortable being 6' tall lol

its the only reason Im able to do senior week for cost of gas, drinks and food.

I probably have the record here. I've have slept in mine more times than I can count..greater than 1000 times :eek: ...for work in the field. I would fold down the "40" seat lay down a sleeping bag pad for comfort and sleep like a baby. It was not uncommon for my 92 Ex to idle for three day's straight when in the field...with air and/or heat on for comfort.

drake what do you do??

Last summer I went on a camping trip for five days or so.. Me and my gf with a 5 month newborn in the ex on a 120cm wide matress, the kid was sleeping on the side in a smaller matress, size at 5 months does not require too much space..;) The other two kids slept in a tent. Actually it worked out really good!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used to leave the stress of the office and take a noon nap in the front seat, very refreshing.

Back