Why YOU should have a fire extinguisher!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why YOU should have a fire extinguisher!!

This happened to a friend of mine:

Picture this.

You buy a Ford ranger. You sink a little money into it to make it your own.
You`re lovin` your truck.

You are going home from work one day when you smell gas. The smell gets worse so you pull into a parking lot to see whats going on.

As soon as you stop, you hear a "pop" and sickening, dark smoke starts pouring from your engine bay.
You jump out and see flames licking out from your grille. A quick peek under the truck shows a widening pool of flame. You don`t have a fire extinguisher, so you gather what you can and run away.
you call 911 on your cell phone as you frantically look for a water supply. Finding none, you have your camera, so you take pictures:

She`s burnin!

You wonder when the fire department will show up as you snap another pic:

Finally the Firemen get there as your dash starts melting, and the windshield is caving in:

Oh, NOOOO!

She`s gone

The truck is written off, and of course your insurance company doesn`t want to give you what it is worth, right?

You wish you had an extinguisher now don`t you?

Oh, and here`s a pic of what a burned out Explorer would look like, by the way!

Explorer, Well done

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have mine for when r'a'cers have fires at parking lot meets. Used it twice so far on Hondas :rolleyes:

I saw a Corvette Stingray burn down. We drove by on the way to the store and you could see a really fine, hardly there smoke. On the way home the fire truck had just put it out. The fiberglass was melted all over the road. I felt bad. It was some guy and his little kid going for a Sunday drive.:(

wow.. good thing he didnt get hurt..

That sucks!!! If my Ex burned I would Prob cry, that thing is my baby!

The second and third links don't work Jim.....:(

Gal durn Yahoo photos! More troubles with that darned site than I`s can stand, dagnabbit!

-please stand by...........

They all worked for me :p

when i fix my truck, its getting the biggest fire extinguisher i can fit into it....

problem is if flames are shooting out my grill I'm not reaching in for the latch to open the hood so I can put out the fire.

Originally posted by ld50
You can damn well bet I`d be shooting my extinguisher at my grille and getting that hood up in a hurry!

Be careful if you ever have to do that(hopefully never), as the sudden oxygen rush from the hood will create more flames......open the hood slowly.

ld50, the pics work on the second and third links now, but where/when/who's was that burned out Explorer at?

Thats why I keep a set of PBI firefighting gear int he back of my car. Nearly fireproof, I can open that hood to use the extinguisher :)

Re: That burnt Ex

Originally posted by ld50
That wreck was at Stave lake.

Totally burned man, even the mags were melted.

Thats why you never leave your vehicle unattended at places like Stave...ouch :(

Next 50 bucks I get is going towards a fire extinguisher!!!! That sucks dude and I wish you the best dealing with the insurance

Thats why you never leave your vehicle unattended at places like Stave...ouch

I`m pretty sure the Explorer was stolen, driven there, stuff was looted from it, and then it was burned. There was four or five other burnt vehicles that I saw up there that day.
Of course, there is also tales of people`s 4x4`s breaking down and left in the bush. Then when the guy goes back it has been stripped.:(

That sucks dude and I wish you the best dealing with the insurance

he, he, I said it was a friends truck dude!
He managed to get the amount of money he paid for the truck originally, but lost out on the money he put into it. Even though he had receipts for everything, ICBC wouldn`t budge.

Whooops didn't see that. still sucks though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back