Will This Fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will This Fit?

Yes, yet another fitment question.

I'm thinking about buying a set of OEM Nissan Murano Rims that are

18" x 7.5" 5x114.3 +35 Hollander #62420 with about a 66mm hub diameter

Along with a set of

265/65/18 Bridgestone Dueler HT D684 II tires

I'm wondering if this will fit on a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport. Apparently the tire are around 31" or so. Thanks a lot. This site is a god sent.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn.. so would that be a rub issue of a flat out, get out of here, no way a 32 will fit issue... I've got so much wheelwell gap its ridiculous.

Sorry.. i guess I just really want the setup.. any second opinions?

Thanks.

- Sausage King of Chicago

The lift he's talking about is done by cranking the torsion bars and adding longer shackles to raise the back, I've got 32's on my 2000 sport with that setup. Search for tt (torsion twist) or shackel (lots of people use warrior shackles or cheap autozone shackles)

Thanks for the response. In looking at your truck it seems you started with the your 32's at stock height. Were there any rub issues? Did you have to lift?

Thanks for the response. In looking at your truck it seems you started with the your 32's at stock height. Were there any rub issues? Did you have to lift?

The 32's were after the lift. It came with 30's stock, so there are some pics with 30's and the lift. The 32's will most likely rub at about half turn at the bottom, rear of the front fender with out the lift. I trimed a small amount off there with the lift just to be safe (with the lift).

The rear will be fine without the lift, but you will most likey need to lift for the front. At the very least you will need to trim the plastic around your fenders. If you have tires on it now smaller than 266/70/16's you will definelty need to lift it a bit.

Abe Froman?

Anyway, that's a 32" tire, so they won't fit stock. You'd have to lift it a couple inches.

calculated it out, it's really more like a 31.5" tire.... It'll be close at half turn, like I said before...you can always try it out, if it rubs then turn the torsion bars a bit and get some shackles...

If you measure your 32" tires, it will be about 31.3"-31.7". My 35s actually measure out to 34.4". ;)

actually, mine are 265/75/R16's but they measure 31.9"....

Back