will this lift work on my 98 explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

will this lift work on my 98 explorer?

EricG98

Reaction score
City, State
mt vernon illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer XLT 4x4
hey guys.....i just purchased a set of goodyear wrangler authorities size 31x10.50x15s...they look great but i dont like the way they look under the truck....it needs to be just a lil higher not alot maybe 2 inches...well i dont wanna dich out like $500 for a lift kit..whats the best way to gain that 2 inches im looking for? i found this kit and was just woundering if this is what i need? i buddy of mine told me to just but the 2 inch add a leaf for the rear and tighten up the torsion bars in the front...can do this? im not worried about it riding like a log truck lol i drive this 2 miles to work everyday and when it snows and i use my mustang to drive everywhere else...any ideas would be awesome! here is the link to that kit i was telling you about!

http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6765301-ford-explorer-ranger-3-lift-kit-4wd-2wd-1998-2011.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the add a leafs are about $40 on summitracing.com, and the torsion twist is free and you get the same thing,,

save your money,
her's mine with the tt and a sort of add a leaf, and 31's, with lots of clearance
316980_10150895383525165_713775164_21388666_1207182692_n.jpg

awesome thats what im looking for that looks perfect to me....so to lift the front like that you just tighten up the torsion bars or is there more to it?

would you happed to have the link to the leafs i cant find them on summit

Back