Will's 2004 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will's 2004 Explorer

Hi y'all!
My name is Will. I joined the site about 4 years ago when I turned 16 and got my first car, a loaded 1996 Explorer XLT V8 AWD. But I've never done an Explorer registry.

About a year ago I got my current Explorer, a 2004 V8 2WD XLT. It's not fully loaded but it has the only options I really care about: leather seats, the upgraded wheels, and painted bumpers and trim (instead of the gray plastic). I don't miss the 4WD because it only ices or snows about 2 days out of the year here in South Carolina and I only ever take it off road when I'm working at the horse track. It needed mechanical repairs but it was in great cosmetic condition except for a light scrape across the front bumper. Even the tailgate crack was perfectly straight down the center. Since I got it I have put in a new engine, new rear differential, brakes, tires, and a whole bunch of other expensive stuff. I also added a brush guard. It's got around 148K miles on it now. I'm a full time college student and at 11 years old my Explorer still looks better than a lot of other cars in the school parking lots.

image.jpg

Back