Window and Vanity Lights Lost Power | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window and Vanity Lights Lost Power

rabben

Reaction score
City, State
andolini18@gmail.com
Year, Model & Trim Level
andolini18@gmail.com
I was taking the clear plastic cover off the vanity over the back seats to get a bug that got in there out of my 1998 XLT and all of a sudden all the vanity lights went out. including the front and cargo interior lights, also the keypad lock/unlock panel lights and the lights under the side view mirrors stopped working. Later i found out that all my windows stopped working too! Thank goodness they were all in the up position though! can anyone help me figure this out? Thank you!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you try checking the fuses?

I was taking the clear plastic cover off the vanity over the back seats to get a bug that got in there out of my 1998 XLT and all of a sudden all the vanity lights went out. including the front and cargo interior lights, also the keypad lock/unlock panel lights and the lights under the side view mirrors stopped working. Later i found out that all my windows stopped working too! Thank goodness they were all in the up position though! can anyone help me figure this out? Thank you!!
Sounds like a fuse

I had the same issue, was a fuse, try interior fuse 26, replaced it and my windows and such worked fine after.

Back