Window Problem -no power to motor on passenger side front door. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Problem -no power to motor on passenger side front door.

TomDMDR

Reaction score
City, State
Marina del Rey, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer
1996 Eddie Bauer Explorer - the passenger side front window quit working last night in the down position. Neither the master switch on the driver side nor the switch on the door will power the window. Everything else works-all three other windows and the power lock switch on the door.

I suspect it's the motor, but before I take the inner panel off, is there a way to check the wiring or a relay that might be the problem? It appears from the book that there isn't a separate fuse for that window alone, but perhaps I am missing something.

Any ideas appreciated.

I'd go ahead and take the panel off to measure for voltage at the connector, BUT I would suspect frayed / broken wiring in the door hinge area just as much as the window motor itself. If there is frequently a passenger or cause for the passenger door to be opened then it could be the wire in that hinge, but otherwise more likely would be the wire in the driver's door hinge, inside the rubber boot.

Back