Windshield Cracked / Replacement | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Cracked / Replacement

I wonder if it could be the switch. Possibly a coincidence? I know that the switch can sometimes cause the wipers to work when there is requirement for them. Perhaps the opposite may also be true.:dunno:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just had mine replaced and Safelite didn't have their aftermarket version and I got an OEM Ford windshield due to the rain sensor. Guy came to my house, did a nice job and nice having fresh glass (for however long that lasts).
20170614_145221-M.jpg

20170616_083811-M.jpg

20170616_093302-M.jpg
20170616_094225-M.jpg
20170616_101243-M.jpg

Just had mine replaced and Safelite didn't have their aftermarket version and I got an OEM Ford windshield due to the rain sensor. Guy came to my house, did a nice job and nice having fresh glass (for however long that lasts).
I don't understand that rain sensor part. The sensor is in the rearview mirror assembly.

Peter

Connectivity of sensing rain across the windshield, it connects there not just senses there in one spot.

Connectivity of sensing rain across the windshield, it connects there not just senses there in one spot.
I confirmed today that the only thing that activates the rain sensing wipers is the optical sensor in the mirror assembly. There doesn't seem to be any windshield 'connectivity' involved. I used a water bottle to pour water over both sides of the windshield from top to bottom without anything happening. As soon as I poured the water so it flowed over the sensor, the wipers activated. So it works the same way as it did on my previous vehicle.

Peter

Back