• Register Today It's free!

Windshield weatherstrip

kdog

Reaction score
City, State
Kailua, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 LTD
The other day as I was driving down the highway I realized there was a long back piece of weather stripping flapping around the windshield. As I rolled down the window to grab it I watched it zip past me into the traffic and onto the ground. When I arrived home I checked out the windshield and saw the gap in photo below.

Is there a replacement I can purchase?

IMG_3016.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, that was easy. Thanks!

kdog, I just noticed you're also a Kailuan. :dpchug:

Lived here 56 of my 61 years. Even recognize the Kailua Professional Center parking stall in your pic. LOL

kdog, I just noticed you're also a Kailuan. :dpchug:

Lived here 56 of my 61 years. Even recognize the Kailua Professional Center parking stall in your pic. LOL

Aloha! Too funny. :)

The disappointing thing is thinking back I think this was cut from the factory. I remember there being a break in the piece and you can see the clean cut line where it split.

Well, that was easy. Thanks!

Kdog, were you able to just buy the rubber strip that broke, or did you have to buy new A-pillar trim pieces??

Neither, but I plan on doing the full TSB to take care of both the strip and the rattle. I just haven't done it yet. :-D

I'm also finding it near impossible to locate the clips I would need if I did it myself.

Neither, but I plan on doing the full TSB to take care of both the strip and the rattle. I just haven't done it yet. :-D

I'm also finding it near impossible to locate the clips I would need if I did it myself.
Try a local Ford dealer if there is one near you.

Peter

Yea, the dealer near me sells the clips for like $7 I think. Check with your dealer. :)

The other day as I was driving down the highway I realized there was a long back piece of weather stripping flapping around the windshield. As I rolled down the window to grab it I watched it zip past me into the traffic and onto the ground. When I arrived home I checked out the windshield and saw the gap in photo below.

IMG_3016.jpg
Same thing happened to me. Did you find out if it could be replaced? This happened on both my driver & passenger side

I finally got mine replaced. Took it to the dealer and they made sure to make it worth their time. They charged me almost 2x the cost of the parts and I had all four parts replaced. :confused:

The good news is no more rattling and I have molding on my windshield again!

IMG_3016.jpg
Same thing happened to me. Did you find out if it could be replaced? This happened on both my driver & passenger side
Thank you :)

Mine did the same thing as the original poster today. Is the rubber molding attached to the inner piece that's under the A pillar appliqué? I can't seem to find this part, only the outer piece.
molding.jpg

Welcome to the Forum Mike.:wave:
I'm not sure if the pictures in the following thread may be of help. Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

Peter

Thank you! Those help quite a bit. It appears if I purchase both the outer and inner pieces that should be all I need? Seems like a pretty easy fix.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lots of info on this forum

Back