• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Wipers/Defrost

Iceracer

Reaction score
City, State
Burlington, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
We had our first blast of winter yesterday, heavy snow and -12C. My windshield wipers were pathetic and it seemed that I couldn't keep them from icing up even with 100% of the air directed to the windshield. I went to our local Canadian Tire for replacements and after buying what was specified (by them) found that they didn't fit. It seems that Ford has designed the vehicle to accept a "premium" wiper only.
I do a lot of winter driving and am very concerned about visibility during future driving.
Has anyone else had this issue? What type of wipers do you recommend?
Thank you,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found the winter blades at NAPA that fit, couldn't find them elsewhere except rock auto.

When the temperature is that cold any wiper will have trouble keeping the ice off. As soon as the water gets to the bottom of the windshield it freezes.

-12C isn't that cold!

I am still having the problem and am wondering if it is possible that I am not getting enough air to the windshield to keep it defrosted. I had some work done a couple of months ago that required that the dash be removed. The evaporator housing was replaced. Would anyone know if it is possible that something may not have been reconected or that a direction door is jammed?
Thanks

I am still having the problem and am wondering if it is possible that I am not getting enough air to the windshield to keep it defrosted. I had some work done a couple of months ago that required that the dash be removed. The evaporator housing was replaced. Would anyone know if it is possible that something may not have been reconected or that a direction door is jammed?
Thanks

Hi Iceracer,

Is this a concern that is persisting since we last communicated last fall?

Update me on the situation and I'll see what I can do.

Bianca

I got Michelin replacement blades at Walmart. It came with an adapter for the type of wiper arm the Ex has

Back