Wiper issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

eddie95

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer 4.8 AWD
Ok, so my 1995 explorer has a problem where the intermittent wipers behave strangely. The constant on low/high work perfectly and park correctly. The two highest speeds for the intermittent function usually work correctly, but the rest of the speeds seem to go whenever they want. I will turn them on and there will be 3 wipe cycles and it will be off for 5 mins and then randomly do stuff.

I also have the problem where the turn signal buzzes on right hand turns.

Does this sound like the multifunction switch? I really hope its not the GEM but if it is, will one from any 2nd gen work?

Thanks,
Ben

Hmmm, another one that I thought I was going crazy seeing. My wipers do pretty much the same thing, only it seems to be limited so far to when I turn a corner with the intermittent on. Although I haven't really run them enough to know for sure if it does it at other times.

Hope someone has an answer for this. I am probably going to be replacing the mfs soon for another issue, will have to see if that solves this or not.

Russ

Ok, so my 1995 explorer has a problem where the intermittent wipers behave strangely. The constant on low/high work perfectly and park correctly. The two highest speeds for the intermittent function usually work correctly, but the rest of the speeds seem to go whenever they want. I will turn them on and there will be 3 wipe cycles and it will be off for 5 mins and then randomly do stuff.

I also have the problem where the turn signal buzzes on right hand turns.

Does this sound like the multifunction switch? I really hope its not the GEM but if it is, will one from any 2nd gen work?

Thanks,
Ben

Based on the wiring diagram, looks like it could be either one. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Back