• Register Today It's free!

Wiring questions

nathaniversen

Reaction score
City, State
Gig Harbor, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited
I have a couple questions about stuff I want to add/do to my truck. It's a '95 Ex Limited.

1. I want to add some automatic auxiliary back up lights to my truck, where is and what color is the wire that feeds the stock lamps when in reverse?

I would like to tap into the power/trigger wire as close to the center console as possible, as opposed to tapping in at the tail lights and running a wire all the way up the truck.

2. Is there a place I can access Hot in Run and/or Hot in ACC switched power that is NOT also Hot in Start?

I would like the hot in run for my back up lights so that they would come on when the key is in Run, but shut off when the truck is cranked to save power for the starter and ignition system. I'd also like the Hot in ACC to hook up my stereo so that it would turn on in Run and ACC but also shut off when the truck is cranked.

You need to search...

This is something that's been covered many... many... many... many times.

All you really need is a relay, tap into the Reverse Light wire (which you could figure out yourself by looking at a wiring diagram you find by searching), then just run a wire off the battery (with a fuse of course) to the relay... simple.

You, sir, need to read...

Apparently my *specific* questions have not been covered many... many... many... many times, or else I probably would have found the answer when I searched prior to making this post.

I know how to build the circuit. I did not ask for instructions on how to build the circuit. I did not ask about running a wire off the battery. I did not ask if I needed a relay, which I have. I did not ask if I needed a fuse, which I have.

You would have seen that if you had read the entire sentence.

What I asked was what color the wire I need to tap into was at a certain point in the vehicle, and which of the numerous wiring bundles it might be buried inside of. I have seen very few wiring diagrams that show where the wires actually run inside of the vehicle and what colors they are at certain points. If something like that is so easily searched and found, then please do so and I will gladly eat my words.

Back