410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier" | Page 49 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

Several vehicles and projects were re located to make the “bump out” area of the shop into our “clean room”
We had the whole crew there today and first we put up 3 gallons of high gloss white then led lights…. lots of them….
This will be a perfect place for clean body work and paint
2x2 framed wall w filters next
2675E959-DA4C-45B5-95A2-EE21A1D3F27B.jpeg

482A65B2-E8FA-4354-ABD8-295EF9EB5C62.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish I could throw a like on this. Forum won't give me that option so this will have to do.

Iconarchive-Blue-Election-Election-Thumbs-Up.512.png

Loving the pace of progress you've been posting recently. Glad things are going well.

I wish I could throw a like on this. Forum won't give me that option so this will have to do.
Josh, you don’t have this?

IMG_0310.jpeg

Josh, you don’t have this?

View attachment 449947
Not on this page. I've found it in some areas around the site but this isn't one of them. If it isn't a site setting issue maybe it's a computer issue, but that wouldn't explain why I get it in other areas or the threads I started. I have tried different browser and disabling ad/scrip blockser, but doesn't seem to change.

I posted about it in this thread about just over a year ago, Post #756. Then I though I had previously made a thread about it, but I can't find that thread now.

not bad. anyone that has ever seen (well, in her younger years lol) evil thought it was painted in some fancy downdraft both with its own air supply and bake cycle when in reality i would tell them it was in a 2 car garage with nothing more then a exhaust fan. as long as you blow all the dust out of any corner you can think of, and not drag your hose into a bunch of crap, you can actually do a pretty nice paint job in a garage.

Thanks for the likes no matter how they are sent I appreciate them!!

Well we were actually talking to a local auto body place about renting their booth at least for spraying the clear but then he got really busy and could not let us…. Something about winter driving conditions and collisions lol lol we don’t want to rely on others or transfer that kind of liability so it’s best to create our own clean space, as I said my buddy rich has been doing body work for 50 years and he is mr outgoing… he knows everyone in this town including several auto body places. So he was all excited to be working this deal where we could rent the booth for a few hours.. he gets very passionate about this stuff hahaha

Luckily we have the room! I just had to find a place for a b2 and my 52 Tudor can roll back and forth…. For putting down the clear you really need proper ventilation and temperature control. Tons of light and the white paint sure helps with that!
The compressor setup is working really well now, just like everything else we drag home on a budget it needed some love (throw $$$ at it)

This space is perfect we framed a simple wall that can be put up or set aside for when we need the clean space

I knew quite a bit about auto body before this but now I have learned a ton more. I am lucky my dudes are pros at so many things!!!

I’m back at the home shop working on the rest of the truck stay tuned this is the final push should be daily updates

Yeah, I don't have the like button either on this page. I think @410Fortune is just a humble person.

Of course, I could be wrong too and he just puts up with our crap... lol

I too have noticed the "Like" button conspicuously missing from this (and several other) threads. I don't know if it's that some accounts are blocked from "Liking" some threads, or what. It doesn't seem to be any thing related to browser settings or the page loading wrong - the threads without "Like" buttons, always don't have "Like" buttons, and the other way around.

That aside, @410Fortune I have been refraining from derailing this thread with comments on how awesome each step in this process has been to watch, and thanks for documenting and sharing all of it! It's been nothing but pleasure to read it, and you've taken the time to photograph each step of each phase, including backtracks (like getting the other set of wheels) to keep things clear and up-to-date. I know photographing stuff is inconvenient and can easily double a project's time (fortunately not so bad, when you have multiple people working on it!) and your dedication to it isn't unnoticed.

It's been a long, hard grind, and you're just days away from seeing the culmination of this epic process. Cheers, congrats, and well done!

That aside, @410Fortune I have been refraining from derailing this thread with comments on how awesome each step in this process has been to watch, and thanks for documenting and sharing all of it! It's been nothing but pleasure to read it, and you've taken the time to photograph each step of each phase, including backtracks (like getting the other set of wheels) to keep things clear and up-to-date. I know photographing stuff is inconvenient and can easily double a project's time (fortunately not so bad, when you have multiple people working on it!) and your dedication to it isn't unnoticed.

It's been a long, hard grind, and you're just days away from seeing the culmination of this epic process. Cheers, congrats, and well done!
I dont think 410Fortune minds compliments. I dont think they derail the thread. On the contrary. It's probably nice knowing people are interested enough to engage in the thread. Compliment away!!! .... and as the lucky recipient of all this, I cant agree more😁👍

Well said folks! And thank you!!! I absolutely love these trucks, my bronco 2 was always there for me, I could always count on it and it was so much fun to drive! I hated that truck when it was my brothers, I had a 93 vw golf and thought the fit and finish of my brothers 1988 ford bronco ii was ludicrous. Orange cloth and plastic dash bits woth fake chrome? Nasty. I was clueless. I grew up loving rc cars (off road buggies!) but I always had an eye for the vw gti. I wrecked my 93 golf and had a high deductible. My dad has purchased the bronco from my brother for $500 to use around his ranch. The bronco had a bad misfire and was parked in a barn for several months, dad got an Isuzu trooper 4wd to use instead. I bought the bronco for $500 because I needed a way to work. My dad fixed and sold the vw.
I drove that bronco for 2 weeks and was absolutely in love with what it could do and how it drove. I went 4 wheeling once in the mountains camping and, well the rest is history. Fixing up that ford had me wanting to keep up with the jeeps and mini trucks of the time.. I wanted more. The internet was born and so was the idea of the truck forum. I found fordrangers.com and kunz korner (2.9 performance forum) and found others with similar ideas. Turns out it is possible to modify and build up a “underdog of all ford 4xs” bronco 2. Local shops at the time in Littleton Colorado basically told me I should get a Jeep.
We have been proving them wrong ever since
knowledge is power
Building custom off road stuff gives me a new puzzle to solve every day, that is the challenge.

More progress today the dudes threw together the clean space.. they are so clever
Wisdom comes with age
Tomorrow we finish up the paint lights fan filter setup and then the paint goes on
Fenders will be block sanded one more time cleaned and sprayed

Look how they framed the wall so we can slide in 6 furnace filters. The wall comes up and down with 4 screws. We tested the draft and it is working awesome

F2246442-B502-4418-8DF7-9B6730FAB8C9.jpeg

FC114026-4AE8-421E-888F-8CBF89721261.jpeg

25E9DAC6-A336-4DFE-8643-A4F8E60DE18D.jpeg

Light enough we can easily remove it and set it aside

I need some stuff painted. I like your style!

Wetting the floor will keep any dust that was missed from getting stirred up when painting, or so I've been told.

Yes but it must be done carefully you do not want to drag your air line in the water! The dudes put hinges on the wall so now it lifts up with a string to let cars in and out!

Some delays! Holley ignition harness came in
So did the Spintech mufflers

dart_side_exhaust.jpg

The Spintech were the lowest profile high flow mufflers I could find.

The Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers are also flat top and bottom, about 4" thick.

IMG_0068.jpeg

Dammit ! ! ! !

Or, at your convenience, any updates would be greatly appreciated. . .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow this build is still going
its almost been 5 years
For some reason I thought that it was finished

Back