Would replaces just the speakers help? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would replaces just the speakers help?

RockoT

Reaction score
City, State
Miami FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT
Would replacing just the speakers help?

I have an 03 with no sub

THe stock system sounds ok

Would I get a better louder more bassfull sounding system if I replaced the 4 speekers with infinity speakers. THe Infinity speakers would be rated to a higher peak wattage but would still be getting the same wattage as the stock speakers from the stock head unit.

Anyone replaced the speakers only without adding an amp or replacing the head unit

Did it make a noticable differance??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This doesn't totally answer your question, but: There are different types/brands of speakers that sound pretty decent just off of deck pre-amp power. In my previous car I ran a set of 6 1/2" MB-Quarts in the front off a JVC KD-SH99 Head Unit (kinda of a lower middle of the line style of deck not cheap but not high end). Anyway, they sounded really really good and never popped or crapped out due to the lower amount of power they were getting. If you're not wanting to do an amp, you could ask some stereo shops about speakers that do better with lower power.

I had a set of Kicker Impulse 5 1/4" in my wifes car and I could never get them to sound decent off just deck power.

Any high quality aftermarket speakers will definately out perform the stock ones.

Good luck .....

If you want more bass I would suggest ditching the oval speakers and going round, like 6.5" Round speakers create better/tightert bass and are sometimes cheaper. If I were you I would go for some infinity component speakers but they are pricey. Good Luck , Jon

The stock speakers are not all that bad with enough power. When I put in just my new HU it made a huge difference, since it has about 25 watts RMS per channel. I would definitely replace the HU before doing the speakers.

Jason

Rocko...Take your time...shop around...listen to a lot of different speakers...find what sounds good to you!

RockoT said:
I have an 03 with no sub

THe stock system sounds ok

Would I get a better louder more bassfull sounding system if I replaced the 4 speekers with infinity speakers. THe Infinity speakers would be rated to a higher peak wattage but would still be getting the same wattage as the stock speakers from the stock head unit.

Anyone replaced the speakers only without adding an amp or replacing the head unit

Did it make a noticable differance??
You really want a speaker with a high efficiency rating. At least 90 db.Polk db's are rated at 93 db's I believe. The higher the efficiency the louder they're going to play off the stock hu.

I agree with JasonF. I put Alpine h/u's in both my rigs, with the stock speakers, and they sound alot better.

I also agree with StillKicken. Do what sounds good to you, not everybody else!

Back