Wow, my X is alot faster that I thought! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wow, my X is alot faster that I thought!

Long story short, me and my bud went out cruisin, him in his 5.0L stang and me in my SOHC and ended up at a line up of 4 cars consisting of us 2, an S2000 and a miata.
Mustang got first but I beat(by a LONG shot) the S2000 and the miata was way too far back to see. Well not THAT far cuz it wasnt that long of a road but damn I beat an S2000 I thought they were fast:rolleyes: oh well.

Then, found a huge long open stretch and raced my buddies 5.0 1 on 1. And oddly enough I had him up to 100km/h(65ish mph). I heard his tires spin a little off the line but not much. By the time we had to slow down(my speedo said 160km) he was about 4 car lengths ahead. We all knew my truck was fairly fast but we were super surprised after that night. It was crazy, and now im happy:D

It sounds kinda like B.S(unless you have a SOHC lol) becuase I wouldnt believe it unless I saw it but I speak the truth.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeh.. the sohcs are decently fast. not to burst your bubble, but if you lost to a s2000, then the driver must not know how to drive. they have 260hp i believe, and weigh alot less than your x. a good driver should have been able to toast you. but nonetheless.. nice..

They have 240hp and I don't think he was racing cause an s2000 can hang if not beat a stock 5.0 stang

yea, the S2k was either not tryin or not reving it out for some reason.

Originally posted by HokieBert
S2000's have no torque. They aren't built for the holeshot, they're built for apexing on a track
still, they run a 14-something quarter mile with a good driver. you just gotta rev the **** out of it.

Silverblade, is your SOHC stock?

My buddy has a S2000 with alot of work and we raced one night just for ***** and giggles, I gotta tell ya he got me off the start then I caught up I thought I might win then I remembered ******** he's got NOS oh well it was fun anyway. Buy the way is there a way to stop yourself from spinnin at the line, When we raced I nailed it and my wheels started spinnin, I had to let up off the gas to grab some pavement.

You must have a good amount of work done to your SOHC, there is no way that you could have kept up with your friend unless he was not goin over 6500 RPM and there are not many explorers out there that have traction problems on dry pavement (apart from a manual which can probably lay about 10 feet of rubber).

Yeah that is what my buddy said:
"It didnt sound like he revved it right up to 9k"
But anyways he was still going fairly hard cuz we hit like 140km/h within not too long.
And when I raced the 5.0 He went flat out he just had a little traction prob at the start So I pulled on him till he caugh up at 100k lol.
Anyways, point is, I was surprised, I knew they were fast but not that fast. Oh well.

PS:Yes it is stock.

PPS:Told you guys it sounds liek BS but whatever i speak the truth.

Originally posted by Silverblade
Told you guys it sounds liek BS but whatever i speak the truth.

Don't worry, we believed you. :) Now if you changed the story to a Viper instead of a Honda, then we might have some little doubt. :D

heh. today, on the way to work, i was racing a newer mustang gt, and a lightning. there's no reason they should have not been able to pass me, but, call it luck, i won. =/ around turns, i took them both. i love my swaybars =]

Originally posted by X-factor
Don't worry, we believed you. :) Now if you changed the story to a Viper instead of a Honda, then we might have some little doubt. :D

i beat a viper once. i pulled up to him, threw it in neutral, reved a bit, then took off. he didnt stand a chance!

Originally posted by springtensi0n
i beat a viper once. i pulled up to him, threw it in neutral, reved a bit, then took off. he didnt stand a chance!

ummm.. yeah. sure. unless your name is troll, uh - uh.

I'm with X-Factor. Did you check for a pulse? Because he must have been deceased.

yeah... it really disapointed me, he wasn't very old, [probably around 40] normally i see really old men driving vipers/z06's, so i wanted to see what he had =] i dont even think he put his foot on the gas when i took off. i just wanted to see how fast he could destroy me. oh well...

:cool: Well dude, a buddy of mine also has an S2K and they are beatable, but only in the hole shot. I've raced him up at our local drag strip and I always get him off the line and until about 3/4 way to the 1/8 mile mark and after that I'm reading his licence plate about 3-4 car lengths ahead of me. Your best bet on beating one would definitly be from red light to red light, but all the way through hes always gotten the better of me. A little advice, never take him own from any kind of rolling kick the S2K's are at their best on the top end. As far as the Mustangs go I know how you feel I'm constantly losing to my brother's '03 GT, oh and the S2K's are 247hp stock. (Or thats what Honda claims)

Originally posted by YellowST02
[B oh and the S2K's are 247hp stock. (Or thats what Honda claims) [/B]

Yea, and only like 150 ft/lbs of torque.
Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races- All kinds of races :D

Speaking of decent HP with no Torque- check out the Miatas. A co-worker of mine has one. Test drove it once and, man, is it sloooww. I figured it could atleast chirp the tire or something. My 2 and half ton truck could beat his tiny ricer Miata ass. :p Well, maybe not. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I beat my wife off the line in her 94 Trans Am, because she spun the tires for the first 50 feet or so LOL Once she hooked up, I was blown out of the water. But for what it is, our Sport is quick (4.10 gears help I'm sure). Does anyone know what the stock quarter mile time is for a 2001 Ex Sport 4.0 5spd Auto?

Back