Dodge Neon RT Weak!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dodge Neon RT Weak!!!!!!!!

Yo whats up well check this out i have a friend with a 2000 Cavalier with the NX Nitrous wet kit and he had a guy he wanted to race. The guy has a 1997 i think Neon RT four door manual. It had a body kit and was pretty much Domestic Rice. MY friend with the cavalier took him by like 2 1/2 car lengths. Ok this is a stock 2.2 cavalier 4 door automatic not the racing type car but has a 50 shot so it goes. Well getting to my part of this fun. I have a 2001 sport that has 203 horses stock but i have a Diablo chip, K&N filter and Flowmaster. Ok this isn't like a crap load of stuff but i beileve my truck is pretty quick for what it is. Well i have raced the Cavalier and i got him by 3 or more car lengths easy. After the RT got the crap beat out of him he wanted to race me. I guess he figured he could beat me so we line up and of course i leave him behind and could here his little exhaust like 4 car lengths away. I love having an Explorer because even if i get beat i can still say hey there not made for street there made for the trail haha. Just wait till i get 3:73 gears, LSD and ZEX i well kill all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 4.10s, and i love mine :) :) :) :) the speedo being off is a ***** tho!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why is your Speedameter off man.

Originally posted by Johhny Island
Why is your Speedameter off man.
GT's have 3.27 stock gears, he has 4.10's in now.

2001gtboy - did you get to the track yet with the new gears? you should be near mid 13's easily with your mods. offtopic - wasn't that thread pretty f'n funny with "hoodpoop" on the SVT section lol.

Yeah man that post was hilarious. That guy got OWNED by everyone. If only i had gotten there in time to add my own wisdom.:D

The speedo is off because i have yet to purchase a calibrator to adjust for the higher gear ratio. Does this not happen on Xs?

likely the most powerfull Ford 4.0 built so far

Ford in australia has a straight 6 4.0ltr with 236 hp or you could go for the turbo 312 hp the 236 is the standard engine for our passenger cars the turbo is the sports model with the same basic 4door design

Back