Dodge Neon RT Weak!!!!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dodge Neon RT Weak!!!!!!!!

Yo whats up well check this out i have a friend with a 2000 Cavalier with the NX Nitrous wet kit and he had a guy he wanted to race. The guy has a 1997 i think Neon RT four door manual. It had a body kit and was pretty much Domestic Rice. MY friend with the cavalier took him by like 2 1/2 car lengths. Ok this is a stock 2.2 cavalier 4 door automatic not the racing type car but has a 50 shot so it goes. Well getting to my part of this fun. I have a 2001 sport that has 203 horses stock but i have a Diablo chip, K&N filter and Flowmaster. Ok this isn't like a crap load of stuff but i beileve my truck is pretty quick for what it is. Well i have raced the Cavalier and i got him by 3 or more car lengths easy. After the RT got the crap beat out of him he wanted to race me. I guess he figured he could beat me so we line up and of course i leave him behind and could here his little exhaust like 4 car lengths away. I love having an Explorer because even if i get beat i can still say hey there not made for street there made for the trail haha. Just wait till i get 3:73 gears, LSD and ZEX i well kill all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The non-turbo RT's are weak, I've taken two different ones (one was stock the other had a body kit and some performance mods) in our 5.0 Mounty.

What gears do you have in your Sport? Most came with 3.73 or 4.10's, If your gonna swap anything go with the 4.10's, better off the line snap.

Originally posted by Johhny Island
Just wait till i get 3:73 gears, LSD and ZEX i well kill all.
Bill/Troll better not read this;)

Johhny,
If you're interested in buying my ZEX, let me know.

Yo whats up well check this out i have a friend with a 2000 Cavalier with the NX Nitrous wet kit and he had a guy he wanted to race. The guy has a 1997 i think Neon RT four door manual. It had a body kit and was pretty much Domestic Rice. MY friend with the cavalier took him by like 2 1/2 car lengths. Ok this is a stock 2.2 cavalier 4 door automatic not the racing type car but has a 50 shot so it goes. Well getting to my part of this fun. I have a 2001 sport that has 203 horses stock but i have a Diablo chip, K&N filter and Flowmaster. Ok this isn't like a crap load of stuff but i beileve my truck is pretty quick for what it is. Well i have raced the Cavalier and i got him by 3 or more car lengths easy. After the RT got the crap beat out of him he wanted to race me. I guess he figured he could beat me so we line up and of course i leave him behind and could here his little exhaust like 4 car lengths away. I love having an Explorer because even if i get beat i can still say hey there not made for street there made for the trail haha. Just wait till i get 3:73 gears, LSD and ZEX i well kill all.
4.10s are you friend :D I think it's time to put some go-go juice in the X...once I get it fixed :mad:

thats odd.. cos I know my 5.0 would lose to both of those.

what series flowmaster do you have? and I could have sworn the 2001 sport had like 205? 210? 203 seems kinda low if I recall. maybe you have more power than you think?

I've heard the diablo chip works well.. I can't say the same for catback/filter from experience heh, but.. 3.73 gears rock :)

I wish I had 4.10's :(

Yeah Alec i would be interested depends on how much you want. Oh and what gears do i have if anyone knows. I want to upgrade them along with newer shocks and swaybars from Steeda. SOmeone tell me what i have and waht i should get fot good 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Thanks guys

Most people have 3.73 or 4.10 gears on their Sports, check your driver code on the door.

4.10s' are gonna be the best for more power off the line and 0-60 time and 60ft times. It should run fine with the NOS, I would think 4.10's would keep it right in the powerband when you trap scince the sohc makes all it's power up high.

Johnny, sent you a PM.

Originally posted by DarkFox1
thats odd.. cos I know my 5.0 would lose to both of those.

Does anyone else think that DarkFox gets pleasure cruising the sport truck forum and telling everyone how his truck is slow so he doesn't think we beat anything either :) :) ???

pleasure? no.. I just find any stories of X racing victories hard to beleive lol..

dont worry.. I started my own thread for my weird truck, so I can stop running off with posts.

pleasure? no.. I just find any stories of X racing victories hard to beleive lol..

dont worry.. I started my own thread for my weird truck, so I can stop running off with posts.
heh :D

Hey dark fox how is 203 stock low compared when this is most likely the most powerfull Ford 4.0 built so far. The OHV's don't start with that ( not knocking any OHV owners ) because they usually get around a little more than 203 Supercharged. But what do i know right i'm only a teenager right haha.

what series flowmaster do you have? and I could have sworn the 2001 sport had like 205? 210? 203 seems kinda low if I recall. maybe you have more power than you think?

I think that I read somewhere that the sport and sport trac had 205 and the others had 210, but I'm not too sure.

Hey dark fox how is 203 stock low compared when this is most likely the most powerfull Ford 4.0 built so far. The OHV's don't start with that ( not knocking any OHV owners ) because they usually get around a little more than 203 Supercharged. But what do i know right i'm only a teenager right haha.

Usually when OHV people say that they got up to 203 sc they mean at the rear wheels, you have to take into account that they 203 number is at the flywheel, and your going to lose about 15% to 20% through the drivetrain. Im not knocking the SOHC either, its what I got and I like it. If I'm wrong someone please call me on it.

The OHV has about 120 at the rear wheels. The SOHC has about 160-170 at the wheels. I have about 220-230 at the wheels with my s/c OHV.

Originally posted by Alec
The OHV has about 120 at the rear wheels. The SOHC has about 160-170 at the wheels. I have about 220-230 at the wheels with my s/c OHV.

That must be nice, thats what I was trying to say but I didn't have OHV sc numbers.

Oops didn't mean to start the Civil War again lol. Peace brother's peace

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back