WTB: Bolt for filter adapter on 4.0L OHV (or whole assembly) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WTB: Bolt for filter adapter on 4.0L OHV (or whole assembly)

JoshT

Reaction score
City, State
Middle Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ranger
Bolt in the 90-degree filter adapter on my block is rounded out, need a replacement. A 3/8 Allen socket felt like it fit until suddenly it didn't, apparently we needed a 10mm. Tried a 10mm, but at that point it was too late. So I'm in need of the bolt for the filter adapter or the entire adapter assembly including bolt. Adapter or not have to get a bolt.

This is on a 99 Ranger 4.0L 4x4.

Fine with using a standard bolt head instead of an allen head bolt.

I think any of the adapters from the Cologne engine family (2.8, 2.9, 4.0) will fit and work.

Need it as soon as I can get it. Plan to have machine shop remove original bolt while they are doing the block work. Would prefer not having to wait on finding this part to reassemble it.

Just to clarify since I was asked on another forum. I am asking for the big banjo bolt that holds the 90-degree adapter to the block.

Talking to Dad earlier he mentioned the pile of 2.9L parts (aka completely disassembled motor from the truck) that came in the bed of my 86 Ranger. I'd completely forgotten about the pile since I haven't needed it in the last 4+ years. If I can dig through where I moved that pile to I may have one in it. Will check over the next day or two as weather permits. If I don't find it I'll be needing one, if I do find it I might still be needing one as no guarantee its the same size.

Just to clarify since I was asked on another forum. I am asking for the big banjo bolt that holds the 90-degree adapter to the block.

Talking to Dad earlier he mentioned the pile of 2.9L parts (aka completely disassembled motor from the truck) that came in the bed of my 86 Ranger. I'd completely forgotten about the pile since I haven't needed it in the last 4+ years. If I can dig through where I moved that pile to I may have one in it. Will check over the next day or two as weather permits. If I don't find it I'll be needing one, if I do find it I might still be needing one as no guarantee its the same size.

hi I have a good one 10$ + shipping my email is kbabiak@comcas.net let me know if you need it thanks karl

Will do. Found the one from the 2.9L once I get the block back I'll check to see if it will fit. If it won't I'll be in touch. Not exactly sure how how long that will be, hopefully by the middle of next week.

Back