Wanted - WTB Four button key fob shell. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted WTB Four button key fob shell.

Parts or services wanted

outlier

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hey all,

I have a key fob for my '02 Explorer in which the plastic loop which attaches to the key ring has broken. I've tried gluing it with Super Glue, Gorilla Glue, etc, but it doesn't hold — which is what I expected anyway.

It's a bit inconvenient to have to carry this fob separate from my keys and I'd like to be able to repair this.

So what I need is the shell. I work on electronics on the side, so it's no problem at all to transplant the card, switch pad, etc, into a new shell.

There is one problem though: This is a bit of an unusual key fob in which the four buttons are closer to the center of the shell, rather than at one end.

This is for an optional alarm that Ford installed. Photo of the manual and key fob below:

AM2.jpg

For those interested in some of the particulars of this particular alarm/remote start, here was some discussion of this particular alarm here:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203827

Anyone have one of these shells or a broken/unneeded fob? Please let me know! :)

Many thanks,

John

Thank you very much. I obviously did not use the right eBay search terms!

Back