Yes!! Soon to tune!!!! | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yes!! Soon to tune!!!!

Teaser pics of the new toys I have been getting from James

www.hensonperformance.com

Lightning maf--and wideband commander--yeah baby!

Look at the diameter of the front and rear of maf housing.

now that is sure to suck, in a good way!!

Attachments

• maf and wideband.jpg
    maf and wideband.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,221
  • maf front diameter.jpg
    maf front diameter.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,190
  • maf rear diemeter.jpg
    maf rear diemeter.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,212

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what ill effects can occur if you had to lengthen the O2 sensor wires?

hmmm well make sure you do a damn good job of splicing because if you add extra resistance you will get improper readings, i've seen bad splices add like 100-300 ohms before and really mess things up for people

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

my thoughts exactly. You would for sure need to solder and seal this really good. Every connection I make on mine is soldered; it's a standard practice for me.
I would do it the NASA way. Cover one wire with solder without joining; cover the other wire with solder without joining; hold the wires together and solder together. Just make sure to slip your shrink tube on before joining or you'll be forced to say four letter words.

my thoughts exactly. You would for sure need to solder and seal this really good. Every connection I make on mine is soldered; it's a standard practice for me.
I would do it the NASA way. Cover one wire with solder without joining; cover the other wire with solder without joining; hold the wires together and solder together. Just make sure to slip your shrink tube on before joining or you'll be forced to say four letter words.

Flux is the key to making clean solder joints. A good solder joint should show a short(no resistance) with a digital meter.

Flux is the key to making clean solder joints. A good solder joint should show a short(no resistance) with a digital meter.

A good flux is the key to everything:D

That would be called wicking and yes good flux is the way to get the solder to stick. i ussaly make my connections into little hooks and bend them together so they are solid. also make sure to clean off exses flux with some rubbing alcohol. i like to use good old high grade elctrical tape instead of heat shrink stuff.

Just a little update. Jon has gotten his wideband back and the wot pulls have been successful. Driveability is excellent and soon we will have a dedicated thread about remote tuning. We actually are going to be finishing up within the next couple of days-by the end of the weekend wouldn't be out of reach. Been fun....-j

Psst, taller tires... and then a planetary set from an AODE.

Well,
James sent me the final tune-I removed the wideband 02 sensor.

My truck is tuned.
I will be starting another thread showing some screen shots of data logs.

This truck runs great you guys.

I'm going to get a video now.

Boy, the temperature dropped from about 75 to 50 in about 10 minutes
And, the wind came up-
I said I was getting a video so here it is-
I'll try again tomorrow. The wind noise is covering up most of the good stuff.

Well hey, aparently NE is gonna share its crappy stormy weather with you KS guys (its looked like that for the last 2 days)

Wicked burnout jon, i wish my car acted like that when i punched it

Edit: Hope that white car got out of your way in time haha

Very nice, that TC is making for lots of fun. I finally finished my TC today.

Sounds good; looks fast! I wonder what it'll do with some slicks on the track? hmmm

On a side note-
I had a slight header tick that was driving me nuts, so this time it was Percy's carbon fiber gaskets ( NICE!!) to the rescue.

Well, you know that ugly ragged looking heat shield around the hvac box?

I removed mine a while back-
evidently it has a purpose, my ac box has a big hole melted out of it. there was a big black blob of glue hanging from it. That is a tight area in there.
I hope I can find another piece for that. My evaporator is exposed--

Oh, sorry to hear that, I was looking around my engine today, imagining what had to be done. The 94 Mustang I have has very similar accessories in front, the alternator and AC are just a tad off up or down. I may mix some of the parts to help in the future plans.

The later 98-01 cast iron headers are better than the 96/97 pipes, I was looking at all of that too. There is a small amount of room in there for headers, but that #3 port is right at the AC box. The right header looks like it has a boss in it with the heat shield bolted to it. Well, I'm off to stay up for the UT/Louisville game. Night,

Back