Yes, this is definately an "I told you so" (long) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yes, this is definately an "I told you so" (long)

TunnelFear

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '94 XLT
so whats the one wheelin tip youve been preached to since youve been wheelin? mine has been to never go alone. well, theres this trail right near my work....well, i got out from meeting my college advisor early, before work, so i figured id take a run down it since ive been down it over 40 different times. it was nice a slick, well, right near the end there are some pretty deep ruts. on the left hand side there is a chain link fence, on the right hand side there are ALOT of trees. so, you have two options, drive through the ruts, which i can usually do with a little grinding on the bottom;) or to try and drive on top of them without taking out the fence or running into a tree. well, i tried the driving on top thing, since it was soo muddy and snowing, and i fell into them. and they were ALOT deeper then they have ever been, needless to say i got hung up. to make matters worse, i forgot that i didnt have my hi lift with me, or tow straps. so i spend the first hour trying to get reception for my cell, to call my brother to have him run me up my stuff. then i spend the next 2 hours waiting for him to get here. they got lost apparently. so, he gets to me, we start lifting the x up and building up underneath it. so we spend about an hour doing this, as the ground was completely covered in snow, so that was no fun looking for rocks and logs. then, coming down the trail is a toyota pick up, guy offers to pull us out, i was more then thrilled. so at this time, ive been out there for over 4 hours, so hes like an angel to me. so he hooks up to me from behind, cuz pulling me forward wasnt gonna work (just a side note, im gonna really hafta find some way to get something on the back to hook onto). well, he has a V-6 and that thing was whipping me allll over the place, i couldnt believe how powerful it was. so he pulls me out, and i decide ill drive out the way i came in. so im driving for about 10 minutes, and get to the "pond" that is out here. well, you can try going through it, ive made it through the couple times ive tried, but there are huge chunks of ice in it, so i decided to go around, but theres a jeep stuck in the part you need to go around on :cool: so i spend 2 hours helping him out, he was really really stuck. so we continue on, hes driving ahead of me a little bit, so we reach about the half way point of the trail. i go through a pretty deep puddle, get mud all over my windshield and looky here, im outta smurf juice, so i slam on the brakes and slide off the trail. so now im stuck, what does the damn jeeper do.....he stops, turns around, looks at me, then drives off. :fire: so needless to say, i wasnt a happy camper, i ended up leaving the x there over night, got a ride home, and had to go back out there the next day with my friend and his jeep to get it out....and listen to "It's a Jeep thing" and such comments about how Jeeps are better all day :shoot: i just cant believe after i helped that guy out, he would just drive off like that....man..my friend and i sooo hope we run into him on that trail again :bounce: anyways...thats my long a$$ story, thought you guys might get a laugh outta it or something

Damn dude that sucks. Damn Jeepers!:D

just so i get this straight:
not only did you get ***** slapped by a rice burner,
but ya got dissed by a creep in a jeep.
i think we need to find you a good ten step program, and w/ hard work and some deep soul searching you may go on to lead a normal and productive life.

our thoughts and prayers are with you..............

todd

Back