Solved - Your Stock Auto/Manual hub info - Ranger / 91-94 X | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Your Stock Auto/Manual hub info - Ranger / 91-94 X

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
...News Flash...You heard it here first...

...I just got off the phone with WARN and they informed me that Randy's ring and pinion has just purchased all the tooling and he is solely going to be the one to contact for the P/N 37780...He will also be handling all the Warn axle items...

...Randy's link...
http://www.ringpinion.com/

...Warn does not know at this time if they will be making/selling all the hubs or just leave the selling to Randy's, but for now, they are focusing on making the hubs...(This part was a little confusing but time will tell)...:dunno:

...As for the exploded view of P/N 29071 hub parts I was hoping to get, they said it does not exist...

..For any parts for hubs (such as O rings, cams, etc..) that you might need, contact Warn directly as they have parts and these will not be sold elsewhere...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...If you are looking for parts, do not email them..:nono:

...When I talked to them on the phone he said they will help find parts by phone request as they may have them laying around...

...I previously sent an email request last week and they finally responded tonight...

..."Tbars4...Warn does not offer replacement parts for the 29071 or 29070 hubs. Give us a call if you have any questions 800-543-9276

Tom Ewing

Customer Service "

...So again, call them, don't email....:biggthump

...Bumpin for the new guys...:biggthump

0900c1528018f0bcha1.gif
I didn't have any thrust spacers when I pulled my auto's off for the manual swap. Could this be the whole reason my auto's didn't work?

I didn't have any thrust spacers when I pulled my auto's off for the manual swap. Could this be the whole reason my auto's didn't work?

maybe.. the thrust washers are used to locate the cam closer to the hub so the engagement fits/works better..

...:scratch:...I seen someone looking for this info, so here's a bump...:D

Does anyone have these thrust spacers on their auto's? Are they metal or plastic? Seems like a pretty integral part of the system if its listed in the diagram.

this has been a great thread.. helpful to alot of members.

now i have a dumb question.. TBars you list a link for care/maintenance of auto hubs, is there any info out there on the manual hubs? I've had them on for about 3-4 yrs now and though there doesnt seem to be any damage and they still operate fine, i was curious as to what the maintenance procedure is like for the hubs.

the warn diagram puts the spacers on the other side??? interesting
ry%3D400.jpg

...I myself flush them out with tranny fluid, let them dry, and then add a real fine film of grease...Some people just flush them out...

...Most people have lost there big O ring so adding a circle of silicone where the O ring was suppose to go will keep sand, grit, and water out...;)

hmm.. i use to clean my auto hubs out with atf but never heard of it for the manual hubs.. i figured since they came from warn with a light film of grease they shouldnt be ran dry, but idk.

...You need to do maintenance on manual hubs also...

..Grease is like a magnet for grit such as road debris and sand and will hold it in there...If you get moisture in your hub you will get rust...You will need to flush them out...

...This is the job of the O ring that usually breaks or disappears when pulling the hub off...

...Then it sounds like you are in business...;)

...Now, if you found a bad/missing O ring, some debris in your hub, or your hub fell off in the dirt/sand/mud while swapping a tire, the method I described would get you back on the road as long as you had some atf handy...;)

...And before anybody says their hubs never fall off while changing a tire, :p:...I thought I was the only one who still has stock keepers on my hubs...

...Bumpin for the guys who are looking for hub info...;)

...Bumpin for the guys who are looking for hub info...;)
to make sure i got this straight if i want sronger hubs to replace my auto hubs. #1 contact randys ring and pinion for the jeep hubs. #2 contact 4wheel parts to get the kit and order 2 of them also im a little sketchy on the assembly of the new manual hubs do i need to use any of my old parts on the auto to assemble? oh yeah tbars i got those f150 coil seats from ford i forgot i had a friend who worked there got them for his cost.

....You could just go with the P/N 29071 manual hubs if you don't have a locker...I've yet to grenade one before I installed my Locker in my X and I've actually broken front axle parts in my Ranger and yet to have a hub problem..:dunno:

...Once you remove your old nut and Auto hub, the only things you will keep are, your Splined washer and the c clip...

...Be sure to re-read this thread...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1809056#post1809056

....You could just go with the P/N 29071 manual hubs if you don't have a locker...I've yet to grenade one before I installed my Locker in my X and I've actually broken front axle parts in my Ranger and yet to have a hub problem..:dunno:

...Once you remove your old nut and Auto hub, the only things you will keep are, your Splined washer and the c clip...

...Be sure to re-read this thread...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1809056#post1809056
i was reading earlier on this forum that guys dislike the
29071 because they grenade them. and i am running a aussie locker in the front. im just tryin to cover my ACE if you know what i mean before summer gets here. some guys here are planning a run to gulches offroad park and im trying to prevent breaking which is impossible but still going to try.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...you can break hubs or put on stronger hubs which may result in other things breaking...:dunno:...It is covered in that thread...;)

...I prefer to swap broken hubs if needed but, I have also spit out parts with stock manual hubs...

Back