Calico May 14+15 - Anyone interested? | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calico May 14+15 - Anyone interested?

Okay, good! :D

I'd love to see a family tree type diagram showing all the parts that have travelled around amongst us all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RangerX said:
Okay, good! :D

I'd love to see a family tree type diagram showing all the parts that have travelled around amongst us all.

It's kinda funny, I'll be getting Dave's front axle and then I'll sell the BL that I got from Jefe....I wonder where it will go :p

That would be pretty cool to see. I got my roof rack back from Gopher last thursday that I had on my old '92.

Jefe said:
Its a MT KM isn't it colin?
You're right. MT KM

Jefe said:
I told them I wanted stock height springs (with SOA) able to handle the extra 1000 lbs of tools, tire carrier, etc. They charged me their custom price (~$600) and sent me standard 2" lift springs. :rolleyes:

same thing happened to me...got charged the custom price, but they gave me ranger springs!! :fire: (learned this after i installed them)...so then I had to take em off again, take em back to the shop, have them chop em down so they would fit...in the end, I don't even think they gave me the extra "beef" that I asked for to carry my wheeling gear and dirtbike on the back...it makes me angry just thinking about it lol :confused: :fire: :rolleyes:

Stic-o said:
Well the good news is the first gen window fits perfect :thumbsup:

Bad news is there is a 1" gap between where the window should be and the dented up body :(

Thanks, thats cool. About the gap, just silicone the **** outa it lol

Operation Window Fix: COMPLETE! :D

Well got the new window in and lined up, still have the dents though :rolleyes:

i ended up just kicking the **** out of it from the inside, till it fit right :p

Lmao. Good job, post some pics of what it looks like now that you've kicked the **** out of it. I wish I could have gone with, maybe some other time. Anyway, how long till the video is done? I wanna see what I missed. lol.

Jefe said:
Yeah, hurry up! You don't have an excuse anymore.

Accually I do, I'm still try'n to figure this new vibration I have in the truck. Feels like somethings lose or out of Balance. You can feel it on start up and anyother time the motor is runnig :mad: I have to check the trans mounts

CG: Locker works good, don't really notice it on the street, except for a few tire churps here and there ;)

Tire chirps are music to the ears of the off-roader.

I finally fixed the leaking left seal on the front diff. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to fix at home. The seal was 12 bucks. It seems to be working so far.

Did the DB1 rear spring mod too, that went real easy with air tools.

FROADER said:
I love the tire chirp. :D
Just be glad you don't have the rear-end "BANG" like the Detroit (not that I don't enjoy the reaction of unsuspecting passengers, fellow motorists, or even the occasional mechanic during a test-drive :D )

That "bang" scared the crap outta me when it first happened now I just laugh.

Is this thread ever gonna die? :p

BKennedy said:
Did the DB1 rear spring mod too, that went real easy with air tools.
Which is... what?

DB_1 said:
Is this thread ever gonna die? :p
not until the "Ghost of Calico" video gets posted . . . :D

RangerX said:
Which is... what?

run some extra bolts down the u bolts under the spring plate so that they line up with the over load leaf. with the bolts on each of the u bolts it wont let the overload leaf fan out as far and get crocked in the pack.

Yep, Rock Ranger got it right.......no prize though.

My Detroit doesn't bang, click or clang. The newer units are very quiet.

Calico is done ;) I was up till 2:30 this morning working on it....lets just say the Wife wasn't too happy with me this morning :(

I'll get it uploaded to Jefe to post.....I hope you don't mind Jefe ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back