They Do Roll!! I Don't Know How I Survived... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

They Do Roll!! I Don't Know How I Survived...

I am home now from the hospital. Not doing too well. This was terrible. Took a quick minute to post these. Will explain more of this terrible accident later.

21512DSC00167.JPG

21512DSC00168.JPG

21512DSC00169.JPG

21512DSC00170.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am in total shock. I'm glad you're all ok. I'm just suffering from a loss of words right now...Get well soon

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Glad to hear you're alright Ronnie. Get well soon.

shiat that is terrible...I remember seeing a picture of yours somewhere and saying it was one of the nicer ones out there that i've seen to bad but at least u two were ok!

I hope you will fell better soon, lucky to be alive I say. Get well soon and best wishes to your family.

I also can't comprehend how the interior stayed intact. I would think that somehow, no matter how much the system is bolted in the back, just the flexing and torque of a 50 mile per hour rollover and skid would seem to wreak havoc on some of the stereo components and interior panels. Kepp in mind, back in my highway dept. days I responded to some pretty violent and incomprehendable accidents.

Glad to hear that your home and safe once again. Best wishes.

Sorry to hear/ see what happend man glad you and your daughter are ok for the most part. You will heal soon enough , working EMS and seeing that truck Im amazed your still in one piece , again glad you and your daughter are ok ,and sorry to see what happend to your X but you can replace and rebuild.

glad u and your daughter are OK. everything happens for a reason, man. but at least u guys are OK.

Prayers and thoughts, glad you are okay, glad your daughter is okay.

:usa: Ryan

That sucks on every level I can name, BBQ. I'm so sorry for your poor X. Thank God you and your little girl made it out okay though!
I'm sorry you're hurting and I hope you get better soon....

Did you ever notice any play in your power steering rack? I've heard that the teeth/grooves can give out when subjected to extreme force, which leads to rollovers in some instances. I ask because Blackjack's done to me (twice now!) what you and Sk1er described... it's almost impossible to get the steering wheel back under control at that point, you just hang on and hope for the best :eek: My first time was a grassy median, the second time a jersey wall stopped me from flipping. I wonder if maybe there's more to the firestone incidents than Ford was letting on....? Or is it just me being paranoid?

BBQ glad to here your ok. That's some pretty scary stuff! :eek: I've been there. Try'n to keep her straight and she just wants to go over and then when she does, the next thing you see is your upside down and hang'n from a seatbelt. Oh..Trust me I've been there! Thank god for seatbelts!

You are a very lucky man! I'm glad to hear you and your daughter are ok. Keep up the high spirts and we'll keep rooting for ya back at the ranch. ;)

At least your we're in a nice safe vechicle. They can roll!! and you can survive!

sorry to hear about the accident hope everything turns out alright. damn, first truck pulling out before clearing the lane people should have better sense

Very sorry to hear about this Ronnie. It always happens to the nice guys :( . Keep your head up, and I hope you feel better soon.

Hi BBQ:

I am very sorry to hear about this! I really liked your Explorer. Thank God you and your daughter are okay. I have an 11 year old daughter, so this hits kinda close to home for me. I was just in Houston last Wednesday, so I know how bad the traffic is. I hope your recovery is quick and as pain-free as possible.

Regards,
John.

Glad your ok. If it was me though I would have just rear ended that green truck.

Thank god your both made it threw that! Your not even safe driving slower than the speed limit today.

Glad to hear you and your daughter are OK, Ron. I hope she doesn't have nightmares about the accident. I'm sure she'll be a little skittish about driving on the freeway in traffic for the next few months. Hope the two of you are feeling better soon.

This makes me wonder about driving my truck after the lift (susp. & BL) and the 32s. :(

It's great that you're ok. I hope you get well soon. Sorry to read you recieved the ticket. Here the vehicle that cut you off would have been at fault and been cited for reckless driving I believe. But I'm sure thats not the important thing right now.

OMG!!!! I'm in shock to see those pictures. Ronnie I really loved your X, your X looks exactly like mine and I was following your footsteps to hooking it up like yours. I'm deeply and truely sorry for that accident. The most important thing is that you're alive and same with your daughter. We hope to see you hooking up an X real soon when you start feeling better. I wish you good luck on your recovery. God had guardian angels around you. Always thank God for the life that he has provided you and that he gave you a chance to live for you to seek him more. ;)

Wow, that was a bad one, Ron. I'll repeat everyone's remarks about being glad you and your daughter survived this without permanent injury. Hope you have a quick recovery!

that's crazy man - glad you're ok. truck is a goner for sure =(
is that someone else's front bumper struck on the front of the X?

Back