What Winch should I get? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What Winch should I get?

B. T-max doesnt get the credit they deserve. It is a good winch plus a Powertank! I get positive comments on my t-max all the time even from Warn owners.

Have you looked into "The Source" brand instead of Powertank? You might be able to keep that $100 extra!

Yeah but I'm getting a PT at cost:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I ordered the 10k T-max winch... and this...:D

Powertank002.jpg

Very cool Steve:cool: PT has roll bar clamps for the tank bracket you got there I think $40 bucks or so unless you get a deal on those too...and if you do I'll take a pair and pay ya back ol buddy ol pal:D

I saw that 10lb tank I can't remember where but it was a good deal...

I got a few Gift certificates to 4wheel parts and some cash for the holidays so hopefully soon I will be making up my mind on a winch for me...

Winch is all mounted and working:thumbsup: Only had to cut a 4" little piece out of the header panel for the handle.

..and now for the pics:D

Winch2.jpg

Winch3.jpg

Winch12.jpg

need to replace the Summit Racing sticker with this one! lol
t-rex_winch.jpg

So I picked up my Powertank from my dads and desided to mount it today. Everybody wants $40-$50 bucks each for the "special" Powertank roll cage mounts. I say that's ridiculous!:confused: So I spent under $5 bucks on exsaust clamps and washers, drilled two holes, and WHOLA!:D

PT2.jpg

PT1.jpg

Everybody wants $40-$50 bucks each for the "special" Powertank roll cage mounts. I say that's ridiculous!:confused: So I spent under $5 bucks on exsaust clamps and washers, drilled two holes, and WHOLA!:D
My kind of mod right there. Just like the mag light holder for the front license plate. :thumbsup:

And almost as good as the cardboard bumper! :p:

And almost as good as the cardboard bumper! :p:

some people are just jealous! lol
hmmmmmmmmmm......... I wonder what the crush strength of a cardboard bumper is?????:confused:

Back