• Register Today It's free!

2011 cancelled for 2012

CDNExplr

Reaction score
City, State
Manitoba, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Just got word from my dealer that apparently because our 2011 Ex was still in order processing at this time, Ford will be building our 2011 order as a 2012 for a rain checked price due to Ford not being able to meet the high demand of the 2011's. So basically we're getting a 2012 Limited for the same price we were paying for our 2011. Yay :thumbsup: Only downfall, I have to wait a couple more months now for our Explorer that was supposed to be here in July. The wait is killing me lol.

PS. This is only my second post but these forums are one of the best I've ever seen for info and help from fellow owners. Great job!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Be glad they made the offer to up it to 2012. Didn't even get the option, said they couldn't order 2012 yet. Just said sorry.

Thats great that you get the same price. Hopefully there will not be much of a difference regardless

Also just wondering if anyone has or knows where to find a copy of the 2012 order guide?

Be glad they made the offer to up it to 2012. Didn't even get the option, said they couldn't order 2012 yet. Just said sorry.
When did your dealer check? I would have them look again because the order banks are open.

CDNExplr, I’m glad to see rx7rules posted that for you and I’m happy to hear about your experience with the dealer! I know the wait will be longer, but it’s worth it! When you get the order info for the 2012, feel free to send it to me so I can keep you updated!

Cory

Told me they called yesterday. I saw the paper they print off and my order said clean but they said when they called their rep. would not be built and still couldn't take order for 2012. I have another dealer trying to find me one or to see what the options for ordering are. Hoping to have better luck with another dealer. Just hoping mine doesn't show up on the local lot later because dealer didn't really check into it...

Back