BD's 2000 Explorer Limited | Page 63 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BD's 2000 Explorer Limited

2000 Explorer Limited

-Picked her up (10/13/2010)
-140,093 miles when I test drove it
-5.0 V8, AWD
-Pearl White
-Dark grey leather interior

My dream explorer basically, no more old ones, no more sports, I finally have an Explorer that I love everything about!

I absolutely love the limited, its got:
-Seats w/ headrests
-Memory power seats
-Heated/Puddle mirrors
-Better mirror without all the buttons, just the slider
-Painted to match bumpers and grille
-Woodgrain radio bezel
-Digital HVAC controls
-And its got the homelink visor with a nifty little voice recorder that I will probably never use LOL

And alot more, but im just in awe over its nice features compared to my previous rides. They even recently (In the past few months) had a brand new hitch installed and the trailer harness all wired up.

I dont have any set plans for this one yet, I do have hopes and dreams though, and im stoked about the V8 that has so many options.

Dream list:
-Torque Monster headers
-Custom Tune
-LED tails (Something custom maybe, I just need to study up on resistors and whatnot)
-BMW projectors in a blacked out housing

It does have a few problems that id like some help with, (Fixed all, besides this one)
1. The blower only works when its on all the way high, (Same thing in my grandam, but it was the blower motor resistor then everything worked great) is that a common problem on the digital HVACs?

"For sure" plans include:
-New rims, id like to get a nice 5-spoke set of 20's with a beefy tire
-Paint job in the spring, black
-Some interior accents (Id like todo another metallic blue color like I did in my grandam)

He was asking 3400$ in the ad, but I talked him and his wife down to 2900$ because I was pointing all the little problems out that I mentioned above.

I didnt get a chance to really take any pictures, as it was raining, and almost dark by the time I got home.

10-13-201011-32-20PM.png

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

I was bored on the way home so I took some random "driving" pictures :D

IMG_1252.jpg

My friend was driving my Grand Am in front of me, I have a Avic-F700BT in there that will also be going into the Explorer, he was using the GPS to get us back home

I was extremely happy also, I was averaging 16.2 MPG driving with a decently heavy foot getting the feel for the V8 I was controlling :D

IMG_1251.jpg

Edit- 1/21/11
New parts!

Hubs
Tie rod ends
Lower ball joints
Upper ball joints (Control arms)
Tires: Firestone Destination A/T's 255/70/R16's
Brake Pads

Soon:
Slotted (And drilled maybe) Rotors
Better pads
New shocks
Leafs
Shackles
Amsoil (In everything!)
Rebuilding tranny (And possibly a valve body kit)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Downloaded that forum app, I'm on it now...I don't really care for it much.

Anyways GREAT NEWS! I finally got a much better job, not ad Ford or Johnson Controls like I was hoping, but I'm starting at Meijer Distribution Center in a few weeks.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

so r u sellin ur x brian. i sold my sport on last sunday for 1,800

Most likely yes. Nothing is set in stone though. It's not a long drive by any means, but ive had my eyes on a couple Crown Vic's (LX Sports) around town.

Why'd you sell yours Sam?

gas was getting to expensive and also my insurance was getting to expensive as well.

but i will get another x or another suv in the future

Yea, I hear ya on that one. Gas is way more expensive there too isn't it? Last week it was about 3.30-3.40, now it's 3.99 everywhere and seems to just keep creepin up. I definitely want to stay in the X family but gas is just too harsh right now. I would love to get into a 4th gen later this year, depending on how this job goes.

yeah over here gas is expensive to but luckly i got a back up car for right now its my 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S.

I plan on doing some upgrades on her but i have to get a job first i had a job interview at a ford & lincoln dealership on thursday i hope i get this job if i do get i think i will be doing is a service greeter.

The guy who interviewed me will let me know on monday if he don't call me i will call him but cross your fingers man i hope i get this job at ford & lincoln.

Found a new chrome bumper assembly, including pads and everything, all hardware even! Only 230$ on eBay (Shipped).

Im broke right now, until payday, but im considering giving that "Bill Me Later" deal a shot.

I get 10$ back for being new, and I have 6 months to pay with no interest if paid in full. Has anyone else used that service?

Got my knock-off switchbacks put in today. Kind of pissed, because theyre not "real" switchbacks. (Switchback blinkers are white when the parking lights are on, but then when you turn the blinker on, the white turns off, and the amber flashes).

The ones I got, the white stays on :(

613ff032.jpg

Real ones:

Im not sure why he has regular blinkers next to the headlights, but whatever. The switchbacks are on the bottom.

iPad progress is coming along great (See link in sig)

Cleaned her up tonight at the wash, and tomorrow I think im gonna do a full detail of the engine bay since I just flushed the coolant and dirtied her up a bit.

a7e40c64.jpg

81eb67eb.jpg

I was playing around with new camera angles, and probably took 50 photos tonight.

And to think the tire shop said they wouldnt fit :D
b8330afc.jpg

I really need some touch up paint for my front bumper :(

Ran Across a Limited and reminded me of yours !

02-15-12_135252.jpg

Nice! There's 3 local ones in town now, 2 have a RUSTY ass rear bumper, and the 3rd one has one of the worst cases of rear end sag in Explorer history...its sad that they really dont seem to care about them, they really are nice vehicles.

It is sad to see people not care about what there putting there kids in these days , Esp when i see these crazy lifted cars on 26" rims , wondering if there tire is going to fall off and destroy my truck lol

Yep! I have a knack for big wheels, but you dont see my Explorer lifted 15" so I can fit some 32" wheels under it right? Lol! I saw a Town Car the other day at 7-Eleven and it was lifted, the bottom sat HIGHER THAN MY EXPLORER and he had at least 28" rims on there. (Tires thinner than rubber bands)

Dont think I ever said it on here, but I did get the job at FHI/Meijers Distribution Center. For the first 90 days im downtracking (Loading Semi's with the boxes), but then im going to drive Hilo after that. I already have my license for all the riders/Hilo's and aced the test.

Im working four 10's and love it so far.

I plan on selling my X this summer to get a Mustang. Im about the only one in my family who hasnt had a mustang! So ive been around them pretty much since I can remember.

I also plan around Fall to get myself a 1st gen Explorer Sport (as a 2ND vehicle), and lift her a bit and make a Winter beater/Summer mud truck out of. If I find one sooner, I would definitely snag it. My buddy has a 93' with 130k (4 door, 4x4) that hes only asking 900$ for, I told him to keep it for a few more months til I could buy it :).

Well, I quit Meijers. The money just wasnt there. It was great at first, (The first 2 weeks I had orientations/meetings ON TOP of working 4 days a week, so those couple checks were great. But then the next couple were just pathetic. I was making a fair ammount MORE working at 7-Eleven.

My good friend just got into Johnson Controls, (My girlfriends dads been there 18 years, friends dad 15, and good friends dad 20 or so). You have to get in through a temp service, before you get hired in. Hes still "working" for the temp service and bringing home more than quadruple what I was making. So he helped me get in, and I start Monday. The best part is, once I get hired in, (After 90 days or 500 hours) we get a $3 raise right off the bat.

After I get hired in, and on my feet, im definitely going to be purchasing a new vehicle, and the 2013 Mustang is really catching my eye. Im either gonna keep my Explorer as a work/winter vehicle, or sell mine, and buy an older one and lift it and have some fun with it.

Update:

Todays my birthday, im 20!

I traded my Explorer today for a 2007 Focus 5 Speed. I couldnt pass that up. I was trying to sell it, to buy a Civic, Focus, etc (Really anything small and good on gas), since I work in Ohio now, but this guy offered me his Focus, and I couldnt pass it up.

Its a 2 door hatchback, which isnt my dream Focus, but its in GREAT shape, he undercoated the underbody and its spotless. Paperwork for all new balljoints, tie rods, spark plugs/wires, new tires, etc. The thing is mechanically perfect. The paint has a few small blemishes, but alot less than my Explorer had.

On a 50 mile trip back home, and through town to drop my girlfriend, and buddy off, I averaged almost 38 MPG with my UltraGauge.

Happy birthday dude, and congrats on the new car post some pics!!

Thanks man! Ill get some pictures tomorrow after I wash her. Hes the original owner, and has lived down a dirt road the whole time. I have a lot of Joe Dirting ahead of me! I spent about 45 minutes on the driver door latch getting the caked on dirt/dust out of there, and making sure it looked clean as new. I still have to shoot some grease in it though.

Back