91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00

The only way to get a true 2" of lift from a shackle only would be to run 9.5" long shackles (bolt to bolt distance). Thats getting really long.

The War-153 shackles are 3" longer than stock and you get lift that is 1/2 the extra length minus some fudge factor due to the new angle of the springs..

8.5" long shackles are already very long and change the pinion angle. Using 9.5" or 10" long shackles IMHO would really mess with the angles. Of course it always depends on the use too.

I'd double check that those Pro Form (ebay) shackles are indeed 9.5" or longer bolt to bolt.

Also, the factory bolts are 14mm BUT if you measure in the middle you get 13mm. That is what caused the early War-153 to have the wrong sized holes (13mm holes).. Just an FYI.

But in short.. your right.. they aren't 2" of lift on their own..

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just found this thread and its a great write up. Have been planning on doing the shackles and TT but I wanted my ride a little higher and this helped out. Only problem is I cant find the body lift anywhere.. help??

So for a 97 awd xlt do I need pa853 or pa883?

This will definitely help when I lift my mounty awesome write up!!

Forgive my ignorance, but I was told by a guy at four wheel parts that I couldn't install a body lift on my explorer. Was he incorrect?

Forgive my ignorance, but I was told by a guy at four wheel parts that I couldn't install a body lift on my explorer. Was he incorrect?

i have 265/75r16 BFG (about 32" tires) A/T's on my V-8 AWD explorer and all i did was lift shackles and a TT to level the front with the back. i measured all my fenders at about 36" from the ground.

i have 265/75r16 BFG (about 32" tires) A/T's on my V-8 AWD explorer and all i did was lift shackles and a TT to level the front with the back. i measured all my fenders at about 36" from the ground.

are you sure you weren't parked in a pothole...????

haha

:salute:

yes.....you can install a bodylift on your truck...

he was WRONG.....

yes.....you can install a bodylift on your truck...

he was WRONG.....

i was trying to post pictures to the site (including a side by side with a factory V-8 AWD explorer the same year as mine), but alas i couldnt get to the right spot to upload them. :D

i was trying to post pictures to the site (including a side by side with a factory V-8 AWD explorer the same year as mine), but alas i couldnt get to the right spot to upload them. :D

wow.....36 is pretty high

;)

Does anyone know specifically where I can pick up a body lift for a 2000 Ford explorer support? I'm having a little trouble locating one.

Summit Racing, Amazon, just google pa-883 or performance accessories 883. It lists for a ranger but that is the one that fits your truck.

Lift blocks or shackles?

Shackles will lift the vehicle (rear). Lift Blocks won't work.. You're spring is under the axle..

~Mark

Is it possible to move the springs to the top of the axle?

Is it possible to move the springs to the top of the axle?

Look up SOA. There are a bunch of those conversions done on here..

IIRC, Dannyboy even made a how to on it..

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found Danny boy's thread on soa conversion. Curious though, will the conversion itself raise the rear of my explorer any?

Back