MFT Update V3.10 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update V3.10

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I decided to update to MFT 3.10.16180 because I had USB connection issue with my phone. And I like to tinker, what did I have to loose?

Turns out I had a lot to loose. About 90% way through update, I got an "unable to install" item (cab). If finished and I was on 3.10.16180 but lost factory navigation. I did have the NAV SD card out when I updated and after update, it did not do anything. Did not respond to any SD inserted. I tried the install app feature and it said SD card was blank. I WAS DEVASTATED.

Part 2 - a few hours later, I started over and made new USB copy of the SyncMyRide folder & autoinstall.lst . Initiated update by inserting USB and off to the races. EVERYTHING WORKED and I had Navigation back.

AND, I now can connected my Samsung S8+ and use it via MFT interface. Plays youtube on phone, sound via radio and can control via steering wheel buttons. AWESOME!

I decided to update to MFT 3.10.16180 because I had USB connection issue with my phone. And I like to tinker, what did I have to loose?

Turns out I had a lot to loose. About 90% way through update, I got an "unable to install" item (cab). If finished and I was on 3.10.16180 but lost factory navigation. I did have the NAV SD card out when I updated and after update, it did not do anything. Did not respond to any SD inserted. I tried the install app feature and it said SD card was blank. I WAS DEVASTATED.

Part 2 - a few hours later, I started over and made new USB copy of the SyncMyRide folder & autoinstall.lst . Initiated update by inserting USB and off to the races. EVERYTHING WORKED and I had Navigation back.

AND, I now can connected my Samsung S8+ and use it via MFT interface. Plays youtube on phone, sound via radio and can control via steering wheel buttons. AWESOME!
Welcome to the Forum Dale.:wave:
BTW, no need to remove the navigation S/D card when doing updates.

Peter

Hi,

I just updated my Explorer 2015 XLT sync v3.7 to sync v3.10 and its working fine. Thanks to everyone here for the suggestions and valuable information.

How would I go about getting 3.10? I bought the car 3 weeks ago and downloaded an update from Ford's website. Took like an hour for it to install and when it did it said I had 3.8.

I uploaded the XML to ford and now it says I am completely up to date. Is 3.10 model specific?

How would I go about getting 3.10? I bought the car 3 weeks ago and downloaded an update from Ford's website. Took like an hour for it to install and when it did it said I had 3.8.

I uploaded the XML to ford and now it says I am completely up to date. Is 3.10 model specific?
Hi Chris. Check out post 26 now that yours was merged here.
Apparently, V3.10 should look something like this when loaded; EA5T-14D544-BA SYNC2 - V3.10

Peter

I need some help please.
I just created my account here on this Ford forum and am very surprised there is not more negative feedback regarding the latest Sync 2 (MyFord Touch) software upgrade (believe this is v3.10 but the file is called EA5T-14D544-BA.ZIP) that became available 20 December 2018.
Problem statement: After my truck has successfully loaded 6 of 6 data files, the system resets and begins the installation, then I get this message: "Updating SYNC Image: Problem detected with USB Storage Device. Please contact SYNC support or try to download the update again. Remove the USB Storage Device to cancel this update."
I've been working this for about five hours and have talked to Ford twice (reps were clueless) and I called two dealerships here in northern Virginia. Neither added much value. I loaded the software on two different USB drives, EXACTLY the way the instructions said. I am using a Mac and I followed every step but I cannot get it to work. One guy from Ford said to perform a Factory Reset and try it again. I did that too but nothing is working. I have a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT. I am so frustrated with this, I am considering finding a Toyota or other vehicle with Apple CarPlay and selling the Ford. Please help! Frankly it is 2019 and updating software and firmware should be child's play at this point.
Jack

v3.10 but the file is called EA5T-14D544-BA.ZIP

You probably did this, but just double checking. You have unzip EA5T-14D544-BA.ZIP and then place the unzipped files on a flash drive to install the update. I used a PC with Windows 10.

Also, since you are using a Mac it has me thinking because my wife uses a Mac and the format on her storage devices is different than the storage devices or flash drives that I use on the PC. More specifically, if you want to move files to and from a storage device on a Mac, the device has to be formatted in "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" vs a flash drive on a PC that has to be formatted in either "exFAT or FAT32". So, if your storage device had the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format, that may be the problem. You may need to reformat the storage device to exFAT or FAT32 before placing the files on it. Purely a guess, but may be worth a try.

I need some help please.
I just created my account here on this Ford forum and am very surprised there is not more negative feedback regarding the latest Sync 2 (MyFord Touch) software upgrade (believe this is v3.10 but the file is called EA5T-14D544-BA.ZIP) that became available 20 December 2018.
Problem statement: After my truck has successfully loaded 6 of 6 data files, the system resets and begins the installation, then I get this message: "Updating SYNC Image: Problem detected with USB Storage Device. Please contact SYNC support or try to download the update again. Remove the USB Storage Device to cancel this update."
I've been working this for about five hours and have talked to Ford twice (reps were clueless) and I called two dealerships here in northern Virginia. Neither added much value. I loaded the software on two different USB drives, EXACTLY the way the instructions said. I am using a Mac and I followed every step but I cannot get it to work. One guy from Ford said to perform a Factory Reset and try it again. I did that too but nothing is working. I have a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT. I am so frustrated with this, I am considering finding a Toyota or other vehicle with Apple CarPlay and selling the Ford. Please help! Frankly it is 2019 and updating software and firmware should be child's play at this point.
Jack
Welcome to the Forum. Jack.:wave:
V3.10 became available long before December 20th 2018. Other members have had issues as well when using a Mac. I don't have Sync 2 any longer and never used a Mac so what Sixonemale posted could be correct. I believe others have also posted about what to do when using a Mac to update the Sync 2 vesions. The amount of negative feedback usually is in step with the number of members having issues. So if there isn't much negative feedback it would probably be that not that many members had a problem with it. Good luck.

Peter

You probably did this, but just double checking. You have unzip EA5T-14D544-BA.ZIP and then place the unzipped files on a flash drive to install the update. I used a PC with Windows 10.

Also, since you are using a Mac it has me thinking because my wife uses a Mac and the format on her storage devices is different than the storage devices or flash drives that I use on the PC. More specifically, if you want to move files to and from a storage device on a Mac, the device has to be formatted in "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" vs a flash drive on a PC that has to be formatted in either "exFAT or FAT32". So, if your storage device had the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format, that may be the problem. You may need to reformat the storage device to exFAT or FAT32 before placing the files on it. Purely a guess, but may be worth a try.
Thank you for the reply Sixone. I confirmed my external storage drive (16GB) is in fact formatted for MS-DOS (FAT32). Further, I did unzip the .ZIP file and place the files 'at the correct level' of the directory, before ejecting the drive from the Mac. I had several challenges initially but finally got it to work just as the Ford site explains. This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for-I would have never considered the FAT32 format-so thanks for the insight. Unfortunately that is not the 'smoking gun' for now. Sidenote: I also saw that Ford offers Apple CarPlay for 2016s and newer. I like my 2014, and it is paid for, so I'd really like to get this software updated. Any other recommendations are greatly appreciated! Jack

Ford software is notorious for having issues with non-windows/internet explorer computers. I highly suggest using a windows computer/internet explorer to download and unzip the update file.

Ford software is notorious for having issues with non-windows/internet explorer computers. I highly suggest using a windows computer/internet explorer to download and unzip the update file.

Good suggestion and that was going to be my next thought. I've run into issues where downloads or items transferred from the iMac come out just a little bit different on a PC based system. One item I recall was taking an iTunes song that was converted to an MP3 that would not allow itself to play in a photo DVD coupled with music on a Windows PC in Windows Media Center. I researched it and found out that they put some sort of embedded signature or copyright on their converted MP3s on iTunes that would not allow them to be played on certain programs. There wasn't workaround at the time, even if you took the song from iTunes and converted it to a music file and then on a PC converted it once more to an MP3 file, the signature on that file would not let it play on this particular program.

Quick update as I am sure others will run into these challenges. I reformatted the 'thumb drive' to FAT-32 just to be sure. I went through the process again with the same result (failure). I will reformat using an IBM (PC) when my wife gets home with her computer and give it another shot.

Quick update as I am sure others will run into these challenges. I reformatted the 'thumb drive' to FAT-32 just to be sure. I went through the process again with the same result (failure). I will reformat using an IBM (PC) when my wife gets home with her computer and give it another shot.

Hopefully it will work this time around in under 30 minutes like it is supposed to. I'm sure you have done this, but I would also make sure nothing else is connected SYNC 2 during the update. I can't imagine this has any effect, but I did the update from 3.8 to 3.10 with an A6 SD card and then put in an A9.

Hopefully it will work this time around in under 30 minutes like it is supposed to. I'm sure you have done this, but I would also make sure nothing else is connected SYNC 2 during the update. I can't imagine this has any effect, but I did the update from 3.8 to 3.10 with an A6 SD card and then put in an A9.
I would not imagine that would have any effect either, but it is something to consider. I have an older iPod (30 pin connector) hooked up to USB as well as the A7 map card. Neither of those devices should make any difference but I guess it is worth a shot. The Ford website, as well as the technician at Ford that I called did recommend the entire process prior to software installation, of: 1. Start vehicle, 2. Shut off vehicle, 3. Open driver side door, 4. Lock driver side door, 5. Wait 30 seconds, 6. Shut door, 7. Start vehicle, 8. Wait 20 seconds, 9. Begin software upgrade by placing USB drive into USB receiver.
I feel like I should stick my foot out of one of the windows and that will increase my chances of having a successful installation! :) Sigh

Do not have anything else plugged into the other USB during install. Map card is fine to have installed.

Update: After about 13 attempts (acknowledge that a couple times it was 'user error') I finally made an update. I formatted the USB drive to FAT 32 on a PC and followed those instructions. However, back in the truck, at the very end of the installation, it said I had successfully updated my SYNC software to Gen2 - V3.7 (insert loud scream). So now it looks like I am in the wrong forum...I need to tuck my tail and head over to the MFT Update 3.7 and hang out in 'the land of misfit toys'.... I guess my question is, if I go and attempt it again, will it recognize I am currently on 3.7 and allow me to go to 3.10? For anyone interested, the upgrade that I finally completed took about 20 minutes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They have the wrong update completion file in the package. Check your version...it will be 3.10

Back