SMR Update 3.5.1 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMR Update 3.5.1

I was going to buy a new Sport. Not so much anymore. Especially seeing you can't get MFT right and then you're charging more and giving less options. Quite a circus.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3.5.1 update with Nav

I'm one of those guys where Ford tells me I don't need the 3.5.1 + A4 Nav card yet, based on my Vin number being prehistoric by Ex stds.

Based on all the previous posts on the 3.5.1 + Nav updates, I'm not so sure I should just keep my 3.2 that is working pretty good.

Can't wait to see how they "spin" the 3.5.1 glitches at the CES show...

Downloading the update now, I hope this one....never mind, will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I'm one of those guys where Ford tells me I don't need the 3.5.1 + A4 Nav card yet, based on my Vin number being prehistoric by Ex stds.

Based on all the previous posts on the 3.5.1 + Nav updates, I'm not so sure I should just keep my 3.2 that is working pretty good.

Can't wait to see how they "spin" the 3.5.1 glitches at the CES show...

If you don't want to wait until Jan.(?) go to your dealer. My Ex was built Mar. 2011 and all I had to do was tell my dealer I was still having MFT problems and they updated it no problem.

Updated isn't showing up yet on SMR for my LTD with Nav.

Vehicles with Nav won't be able to get the update until Jan.

If you're talking about having it done at the dealership and it not showing up after they updated your vehicle. You more than likely will have to do an update yourself through SMR.

3.5.1 upgrade complete - yawn

Completed the 3.5.1 upgrade, it took 56 minutes :popcorn:

Seems like the graphics looks a little nicer but other than that, nothing except for a new phone pairing process.

Iphone 4S still does not show contacts images, messaging not working, still slow (but I need to use it more for now to see if this is the case), labels still don't align.

Will check it out the typical bugs over the next few days, but I would not be surprised to find that they are still alive and kicking.:scratch:

Back