Auto Start-Stop Technology | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Start-Stop Technology

Some people are legends in their own mind .............
Hey at least the vast majority of the threads I start and things I post aren’t entirely off base, and completely wrong. ;)

Roof plastic you need a police hookup for? :snicker:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have no issues at all with the Start/Stop feature. I don't bother even with the 'override' and neither do 2 of my neighbours who also have it in their Ford vehicles. I would guess that the majority of owners with the feature likely don't seek a permanent override for it but that is just a guess.

Peter

You are in the minority evidently based on the responses on this and a number of other forums to which I am a member. Even on the F-150 forum, those that have it do not like it. I for one do not like having to override it when waiting at a rr crossing in 101* heat here in TX. Having AS-S should be an opt in vs opt out feature. IMHO
If you are referring to QuandAns42's post, I don't believe there is enough here to say he is in the "minority". As for having to "override it" because of the heat, the Start/Stop feature should not activate if the A/C is required. This is covered in the Manual along with several other times when the engine will restart.
Automatic Engine Restart
The interior compartment does not
meet customer comfort when air
conditioning or heat is on.

Peter

The fact that so many inquire about it and the module is for sale to change the default, there is a market for the device.

I have no issues at all with the Start/Stop feature. I don't bother even with the 'override' and neither do 2 of my neighbours who also have it in their Ford vehicles. I would guess that the majority of owners with the feature likely don't seek a permanent override for it but that is just a guess.

Peter
I'd wager that a lot of people would like to disable it but are not aware of the module. We are but a small enthusiast group. Very few soccer moms mod their XLTs. :)

The fact that so many inquire about it and the module is for sale to change the default, there is a market for the device.

A whole bunch sold yesterday. I was glad to bring it back up here, and did Travis a favor by posting about them on another forum as well as a Facebook group to give his sales a bump. Always good to support the vendors that are coming up with these gadgets for those of us that really appreciate them.

I've had it in my last 3 ford vehicles and while it does annoy me occasionally, I just try to ignore it; it's not worth worrying about

Yeah, because I can’t follow the basic logic of your amazing underwhelmingly engineered vehicle because I drive an older Mounty. GREAT point. This is the kind of stuff people revert to when they have absolutely no points left.

This is a public forum. I’ll post anywhere I please. Got a problem? I suggest you do something about it.

Actually this is a private forum like most that requires a membership/sign up to post. And that membership can be revoked/suspended at any time.

No that is not a threat in any way, just correcting your statement.

:chug:

Back on track. For those of us that are not thrilled with it, we now have the ability to reverse engineer it so that it is off by default at startup vs on. It can still be enabled if one so chooses. AS-S is not disabled as some seem to believe. It still functions.

Back on track. For those of us that are not thrilled with it, we now have the ability to reverse engineer it so that it is off by default at startup vs on. It can still be enabled if one so chooses. AS-S is not disabled as some seem to believe. It still functions.
How does it still function if you have bypassed it ? Please explain. Thank you.

The module simply changes the default mode for the AS-S to off on start up. The button in the center console still functions as an off/on switch.

Actually this is a private forum like most that requires a membership/sign up to post. And that membership can be revoked/suspended at...

Now you are just being difficult. He's using "public forum" like 99% of us would. Public referring to the audience. There are next to no qualifications to join. You dont even need to own an Explorer. It is open to the general public.

By your definition, there would be no such thing as a public forum, ie. forum owned by the public. All forums are owned by private parties, be they individuals, corporate entities, government, etc.

As for auto start stop, for me it is annoying. Everytime it is active, there is a delay in the car moving when I go to step on the throttle pedal. I don't care how fast it is to startup, the car is not ready to move in the time i lift my foot off the brake and hit the gas pedal. Every single time. I dont care about the 1 mpg I save.

Ever drive a car with throttle lag? It's annoying and in some cases, yes, it is a safety issue.

Now you are just being difficult. He's using "public forum" like 99% of us would. Public referring to the audience. There are next to no qualifications to join. You dont even need to own an Explorer. It is open to the general public.

By your definition, there would be no such thing as a public forum, ie. forum owned by the public. All forums are owned by private parties, be they individuals, corporate entities, government, etc.

Not being difficult at all.

blwnsmoke is spot on. There is a marked difference between what one can and cannot do on a private forum vs public. Just as there is a difference between public and private property. You cannot come on my property and espouse your political opinions or engage in any number of other venues. The courts have ruled as such. This is why a mall can throw your ass out on the street if it so chooses to. Free speech is very narrow in truth. Even on public land, if you espouse the overthrow of the gov't, you can be thrown in jail for being subversive. "In one of the first tests of freedom of speech, the House passed the Sedition Act, permitting the deportation, fine, or imprisonment of anyone deemed a threat or publishing “false, scandalous, or malicious writing” against the government of the United States." Google search. Also from The Sedition Act of 1798 | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Totally fine, I amend my statement. It’s a private forum, and I’ll post anywhere on it that I feel like.

Also, for the record the Sedition Act(s) were garbage and repealed.

OMG. We went from a Ford, Aviator forum to a forum of law and human rights. Well i guess I'll go back into Hibernation!!! LOL LOL LOL. Let me know when the pandemic is over.

OMG. We went from a Ford, Aviator forum to a forum of law and human rights. Well i guess I'll go back into Hibernation!!! LOL LOL LOL. Let me know when the pandemic is over.
Be that way ............. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Totally fine, I amend my statement. It’s a private forum, and I’ll post anywhere on it that I feel like.

Also, for the record the Sedition Act(s) were garbage and repealed.
So you're the one that voted for Whitmire :snicker:

Back