For Sale - 97 Explorer AWD V8, torque monsters | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 97 Explorer AWD V8, torque monsters

rizzjc

Scubajoe - Radio Mod
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Garner, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 F150
Callsign
N1LVN
IMG_20200517_192623266.jpg

Hoping I can find someone here to love my truck like I have since August 1996. I had a new crate engine dropped in at 180k miles (when the TMs went on), and have probably hardly put 50k on it since I did that in 2012, or so. Put a transfer case in last summer. Lots more I can tell anyone who's interested. Hoping someone in here is local and can take the time with this that I don't have to give it. $2k? Offers? Lots of spare stuff. Still a solid truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, and Raleigh, NC area.

Oh, and Raleigh, NC area.
I'm also in nc Creedmoor

Ii have a 99 just like yours but white

Nice truck of I can ask why are ya selling it

Broke down and got a new F-150. Went to try to figure out the grinding noise that parked this thing 7 months ago, and figured out this afternoon that it was the NEW front driveshaft that I put in .... about 7 months ago. So, now I gotta go down from 4 cars to 2.

I'd hit up the jy

I'd hit up the jy

Perfect V8 swap sport trac or ranger canadate. Its almost too nice to cut up though. I'd buy it but already have a complete 97 mountaineer for my next swap in storage.

Junk yard for the driveshaft
Oh, sorry. Yeah, I fixed it already by putting the old one back. Only reason I put the new one in is that I was in there replacing the transfer case. Old driveshaft works fine.

DANG DANG DANG tooooo far away
Crate engine you say?
I would be all over this like white on rice if I was closer..........
BUMP Nice truck for somebody, just in time for Summer, graduation, whatever.......

Thanks. Yes, please, someone who can love it. A lady just came by like she was looking at it for a daily driver. Umm, unless you can turn a wrench, move on. This is a 24 year old truck!

I daily drive a 88 and a 97 I resent that! Oh wait I can turn a wrench....dang
I would not take a penny less then $2000 for that sucker.....somebody with an early bronco or Ranger looking for the gt40 will be happy to spend $2K

Let's not forget those Torque Monsters that are on there! Sounds great! Never did take it the secondary cats. So they are just waiting to be opened up!

This would look great sitting next to my 1998...

Waze says 9 hours from where I’m at, 11 from home. Really didn’t think NC was that far, but I guess that makes sense.

Just got offered $1500, sight unseen. Come on! Somebody here who I know will love it!

At least 2k someone will buy it even 2k is a very reasonable price to ask

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish i'd be closer, i'd grab it. Bit tempted even now.

Back