• Register Today It's free!

Lift kit

Connyrap

Reaction score
City, State
Murrieta
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Hi yall, i dont totally know what I am doing, kinda new to suspension and stuff like that, but I was wondering, I am trying to lift my explorer but I cant seem to find lift kits or anything, I would like some advice, I found this Steel Rear 2" Lift Kit Explorer 2WD 4WD 2002-2005 | eBay but I cant find a front lift, I also dont know what that would do for the truck. I can post pictures tomorrow

Also I got brand new TOYO P245/65R17 SL 105/T TOYO OPEN COUNTRY ATII OW

Any help would be much appreciated!

Also I am gonna need 4 new struts, so I might aswell buy a lift kit that comes with struts and springs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi yall, i dont totally know what I am doing, kinda new to suspension and stuff like that, but I was wondering, I am trying to lift my explorer but I cant seem to find lift kits or anything, I would like some advice, I found this Steel Rear 2" Lift Kit Explorer 2WD 4WD 2002-2005 | eBay but I cant find a front lift, I also dont know what that would do for the truck. I can post pictures tomorrow

Also I am gonna need 4 new struts, so I might aswell buy a lift kit that comes with struts and springs.

Your real only options are BTF spacer lifts, with possibly their extended upper control arms.
There are some others, rancho quick struts/lift. Some ebay strut spacers.

Remember 3rd gen is limited to coil spacers, BTF fab would be my recommendations would be through BTF fab, could probably pm Brandon in forums. But you are limited, due to geometry. Rear drive axles go through at hole in the frame. So limited travel.
Another option is modest coil lifts plus a body l

this is mine with the rancho quick lifts. does the job but i do plan to replace the fronts with stock struts and spacers just to soften the ride since its become my daily driver more than anything these days. Could be a solution for you though since you are needing new struts.

Attachments

• IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 193

Rancho RS5822 Series Strut is tough to find. Found one and now I think I will have to sell it and think about a puck lift since I cannot find another one..

this is mine with the rancho quick lifts. does the job but i do plan to replace the fronts with stock struts and spacers just to soften the ride since its become my daily driver more than anything these days. Could be a solution for you though since you are needing new struts.
Ooooh, I like your wheels! What size are they? Also how much did the wheels cost you?

Also is that a custom trim?

I have the Supreme Suspensions kit, but BTF is definitely better quality. If you do lift it, be sure to get the extended upper control arms too. Otherwise you'll be replacing ball joints every 5k miles. They're expensive, but the quality is amazing and literally nobudy else is making kits like this for Explorers.

PSX_20200904_193052.jpg

I have the Supreme Suspensions kit, but BTF is definitely better quality. If you do lift it, be sure to get the extended upper control arms too. Otherwise you'll be replacing ball joints every 5k miles. They're expensive, but the quality is amazing and literally nobudy else is making kits like this for Explorers.

View attachment 324705
What size wheels/tires do you have on this? How much did you spend on them, and where could I find some?

View attachment 324705
Hey!
Could I get the link to your light housings and the rings you installed? I like this setup!

EDIT: No plastic on the bottom either, just removed and filled, or new part?

What size wheels/tires do you have on this? How much did you spend on them, and where could I find some?
22x12 -44 and 33x12.50s. I bought the wheels direct from RBP through a friend who is a distributor. The tires I bought used from a friend. Everything was about $4k

Hey!
Could I get the link to your light housings and the rings you installed? I like this setup!

EDIT: No plastic on the bottom either, just removed and filled, or new part?
They're a kit from LED Concepts. The housings are Anzo. You can find them on Amazon or Ebay. And not sure what you mean by the pastic.

Hm. Mines an XLT as well... Must be a year difference.
Yours probably had the body molding optioned out when it was ordered new. My friend used to have a 2002 and it didn't have the molding either

Yours probably had the body molding optioned out when it was ordered new. My friend used to have a 2002 and it didn't have the molding either
That would make sense.
My last question (sorry, I love this build lol) is the headlight... again. Anzo has the black lights and chrome ones. I noticed you have black headlights with the chrome corner lights. Did you just order 2 sets and swap out the end?

Hello connyrap,
My names Red, I bought the 2 1/4in leveling/spacer kit off eBay. Make sure the stud pattern is right? I can send you the link where I got mine. Then I got a rancho Quick Lift. But after installing these I realized my frickin ball joints was stressed out bad! My Uppers and my upper control arms was maxed down and couldn’t get a good alignment on it! Camber was way off. It rode Very stiff and I just knew that it wasn’t safe with my ball joints so stressed! If one goes, well so does your wheel! I don’t want to experience that at 80mph lol! I got on Here and a guy sent me to BTF fabrications for upper control Arms with uniball joints! Steel!! They’re stronger, have a slight drop and a bit longer for better ride and safer and most of all stronger!! They look tough! I highly suggest you go with BTF control arms first! Then put the lift on! Otherwise it can be too dangerous man! Have a good day

red

Front 3” Rear 2” Lift Kit fit Ford Explorer 2002 2003 2004 2005 | eBay this is the one I used for my 2004 explorer

That would make sense.
My last question (sorry, I love this build lol) is the headlight... again. Anzo has the black lights and chrome ones. I noticed you have black headlights with the chrome corner lights. Did you just order 2 sets and swap out the end?
You're good lol and the corner lights that came with the headlights had orange reflectors and I didn't like the look, so I bought some clear ones on Ebay. Eventually I'll paint them black.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ooooh, I like your wheels! What size are they? Also how much did the wheels cost you?

Also is that a custom trim?
Sorry I never saw this. Can’t remember the price of the wheels but the tires are 33” trim I sanded and repainted black cuz the stock was terrible. As for the rims they aren’t too bad on price just some 17” Steelies

Back