Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

Thank you for the reply Drewmcq, I must disagree, I'm looking at my Explorer now, on the lift gate it clearly states Explorer Sport XLT... it is a 2dr, the more options I look through for parts, tires, ect, I'm seeing "Explorer Sport 2dr XLT Premium"???
The "Sport" is a different truck than the 4-door models (XLS, XLT, Eddie Bauer). BTW, I don't think there's any such thing as a "Explorer Sport XLT"--you're mixing apples and oranges.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for the reply Drewmcq, I must disagree, I'm looking at my Explorer now, on the lift gate it clearly states Explorer Sport XLT... it is a 2dr, the more options I look through for parts, tires, ect, I'm seeing "Explorer Sport 2dr XLT Premium"???
My apologies...

spent two miserable hours trying to do this today, then gave up and took a shower. I'll find a reliable mechanic to install my wix filter one of these days.

What State, City?
I've been quoted $160 to 250 in upstate NY

oihhw.jpg

Better hope its not some wet-behind-the ears service writer who doesn't know what they're getting into. Then again, with a lift (pit?) and the right tools and lots of experience, it *could* be a 30 minute job....

... and tell 'em you want to see the old part before they toss it (just to be sure they didn't leave it on!).

Back