Fuel filter change

cloudstrife

Reaction score
City, State
Uvalde TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 explorer sport trac
Hi,

I have a 02 Explorer Sport Trac. Im trying to change the fuel filter. I got the lines off of the back side of the filter but cant seem to get the single line that runs up the the front off.

There is a little clip that seems to hold it in place which I've removed. I've tried to use the little plastic removal tool that I used on the other two lines but it wont seem to budge.

Any tips?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site. Check the link below for a detailed write up and pictures of how to remove the fuel filter.Fuel Filter Removal thread. You can also use the search feature to find additional information.

Thank you. I got it. I think my tool was a little small. It didnt fit all the way around the pipe. There was a bigger tool in the package and I was able to cut it down a little bit and it worked.

Thank you.

I guess I just needed a little confidence that that was the way it came off. :D

Broke fuel line trying to replace filter

DeRocha said:
Welcome to the site. Check the link below for a detailed write up and pictures of how to remove the fuel filter.Fuel Filter Removal thread. You can also use the search feature to find additional information.

What if that nylon piece of fuel line is ruptured.....can you buy a replacement length for it or if not...how do you get the metal end that connects to the fuel line off?

Phredawgy said:
What if that nylon piece of fuel line is ruptured.....can you buy a replacement length for it or if not...how do you get the metal end that connects to the fuel line off?

I'm not entirely sure of what your asking... The threads mentioned above go into great detail on removing fuel lines using the special disconnect tools (did you read through all the info?) Did you removing the fuel lines but they are broken and need to be replaced?

DeRocha said:
I'm not entirely sure of what your asking... The threads mentioned above go into great detail on removing fuel lines using the special disconnect tools (did you read through all the info?) Did you removing the fuel lines but they are broken and need to be replaced?
There is a section of line, looks like its insulated with braided nylon or something like that, about a foot or so long that goes from the steel portion of the fuel line and connects to the fuel filter(on the side with one connection). That is what was broken....I need to know if there's a way to replace this.

Ok... now I understand... You need to check out theBroken Fuel line thread for more info on this repair... I cannot offer any other assistance as my 1st gen doesn't have these nylon lines...

Back